Location: Dublin, Ireland
Innovative Travel Solutions, Dublin 2
Our client are disrupting the tech sector with their innovative platform that is simplifying the lives of thousands of travellers globally.
Due to continued growth at their Dublin-based R&D Innovation Centre, they are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to lead a tight-knit team and drive best practices within the organization.
Coming into a fun, hard-working and collaborative environment, this is an excellent opportunity to take your leadership skills to the next-level and positively impact the travelling experience by using the latest cutting-edge technologies.
- As the Engineering Manager, you will manage a team of 5-7 engineers providing coaching, mentoring and technical leadership on a daily basis.
- You will be hands-on in the designing and implementation of new services and components for their next-gen platform.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams both onsite and remote to deliver high-quality and scalable solutions.
- Establish best practices within the engineering function through high-coding standards and code reviews.
- Assist in preparing estimates for software development work, tracking progress and ensuring products are delivered in a timely manner.
- Take part in the hiring process and help bring new engineers into the company.
- At least ten years of experience building complex, scalable web-based applications with around five years of experience in a hands-on lead role.
- At least two years of previous experience in managing and hiring engineering teams.
- BA Degree in Computer Science or similar.
- Excellent skills in microservices design patterns and service-oriented-architecture
- Expertise in Golang or Java.
- Strong background working on the creation and consumption of gRPC and/or REST APIs.
- Excellent leadership, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Comfortable working within Agile (Scrum) development methodologies
**Please Note** Applicants must hold a Stamp 4 Visa or an EU Passport to be eligible for this role as my client do not offer Visa sponsorship.
How to Apply:
Interested? Apply today by uploading your details below or email your CV to Liam McNamara at email@example.com
Complete the form below to apply for the Engineering Manager role: