Location: New York, Ireland
The Developer ITSM tool Application is part of the team responsible for the analysis, design, development and support of ServiceNow. The Developer will possess knowledge and hands-on skills to adapt ServiceNow to specifications.
The Developer will work closely with business and functional analysts, peers, application analysts, IT Service Management and the Senior Engineer – Configuration and Asset to assess specific requirements and match them to available technical solutions in ServiceNow. The Developer should be able to maintain a thorough understanding of ServiceNow best practices and Web Development fundamentals while developing or configuring workflows, forms and integrations.
- Administering, configuring and developing capabilities to configure the ServiceNow platform to align with IT Service Management policy, process and procedures.
- Design, Development and Implementation of ServiceNow customization including, but not limited to: core setup, workflow administration, reporting, data imports, custom scripting, and third-party software integrations
- Developing and configuring the ServiceNow platform user interface, screen elements, work flows, mobile interfaces, plugins and branding.
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements and then build / configure solutions to address the business requirements
- Integrate with identified monitoring and Discovery tools for population of the CMDB and proactive Incident prevention / reporting
- Configuring and maintaining application security across all modules and interfaces.
- Configuring and implementing ServiceNow scripts in the form of business rules, client scripts, UI actions and UI policies.
- Identify and Troubleshoot Issues in ServiceNow and recommend solutions keeping the long-term usability perspective
- Assisting with identifying and implementing orchestration for IT automation.
- Create and maintain design specifications, architectural diagrams, and process diagrams supporting and communicating changes to ServiceNow platform applications
- Maintain pace with ServiceNow versioning and new features
- Perform upgrades and customizations of ServiceNow platform applications based on guidance from project manager, architects, ITSM manager and customers
- Develop training materials and provide end-user or IT technician training on using ServiceNow
- Maintain a sound understanding of the ServiceNow Architecture and design methodologies
- Ability to execute all phases of the software development life cycle
- Developing, building, testing, deploying and updating alerts and notifications using e-mail and other messaging capabilities within the platform.
- Provide on-call support for ServiceNow as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences or related field
- Demonstrable understanding of ITIL best practice
- Four (4) years of experience developing on the ServiceNow platform including creation and/or customization of the core applications such as Asset, Configuration, Incident, Change, Service Request, Service catalog, etc.
- Experience developing ServiceNow APIs, ServiceNow Workflows, UI Pages, UI Macros, Business Scripts, Client Scripts, UI Scripts, UI Actions, UI Policies, Script Includes, Security Rules
- Understanding of ServiceNow’s cloud-based SaaS model
- Demonstrated ability to explain technology issues and work progress to both technical and non-technical staff
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- Must be legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- ITIL Certified to at least Foundation V3 level
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Experience with monitoring tools integration with ServiceNow a plus
- Have been involved in an implementation of ServiceNow as an ITSM tool
- Capacity to adapt to constantly changing environments
Complete the form below to apply for the ITSM Developer role: