Location: Ireland, Ireland
Job: Senior Data Engineer
Location: Dublin (Remote)
Duration: 6 months
Day Rate: DOE
A Fintech business in Dublin is seeking a skilled Senior Data Engineer for an initial 6-month contract. This client is supported by multiple Fortune-50 businesses and scaling at an exciting rate.
Some day-to-day duties include:
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field. They should also have experience using the following software/tools:
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc. Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
The above advert is to be treated as a guide and does not include all the details as outlined by our customer. To learn more about this Senior Data Engineer contract position, please share an updated CV and we can schedule a call. Applicants must have right to work in the EU.
Complete the form below to apply for the Senior Data Engineer role: