Location: Dublin, Ireland
Our client are building deep tech algorithms for the aviation industry which allows airlines to offer the best customer journey and in turn increase profitability.
They are a fast-growing, multi-disciplinary team of data scientists, engineers and business people working towards one shared goal of expanding airlines’ horizons by unlocking their potential across the world.
You will experience a collaborative and flat culture, where titles are less valued than delivering outcomes that impact and move the dial. We want you to have what you need to hit the ground running, so you will get the necessary kit to help you do your best work.About the role
Our client are looking for a senior backend developer to join the team to help continue to grow their backend services and to work with designers, frontend developers and data science team to build powerful new features and products that will delight our airline customers.
- Design, develop, test and maintain clean reusable code
- Work as a team, contributing to important design decisions and conversations
- Advocate for quality in both development and testing
- Be responsible for the performance and reliability of your code
- Have total ownership of your work from developing, testing, deploying and monitoring
- Continually improve through learning and experimentation
- Mentoring and guiding junior team members
- 6+ years of professional Java development experience
- AWS experience, for example, SNS, SQS, Fargate, API Gateway, Lambda, IAM, VPC, Cloudwatch
- Comfortable with CI/CD
- Familiarity with agile methodologies.
- Monitoring and debugging distributed systems.
- Experience in delivering a SaaS product.
- Experience building and developing distributed systems
- Have previously worked in a remote team environment.
- Strong knowledge of Java, Spring, APIs with REST, Typescript and Mongodb
Complete the form below to apply for the Senior Backend Engineer role: