Location: Dublin, Ireland
Lead Data Scientist
About the Company:
Our client is a global, ethical power company focusing on providing energy-efficient solutions that make a real impact. They are working on solving the technical challenges of today’s digital world, while developing ground-breaking technology that’s going to power the next generation of products and services.
Our client’s multidisciplinary team of data scientists, data engineers and UX/UI designers are developing products based on AI, Edge computing and Machine learning. They are continuing to expand their organisation and are recruiting a Lead Data Scientist for their team.
The Lead Data Scientist will be directly involved in the application of statistics, machine learning, and analytic approaches to answer challenging business questions. This work will help businesses across the enterprise solve critical business problems, uncover new business opportunities, and turn their large volumes of data into valuable, actionable insights.
- The candidate will deliver multi-disciplinary projects in the Data Science Team
- The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in designing and training models, integrating data from disparate systems, cleaning data. In addition, presenting solid understanding of Python and/or R and associated tools/IDE’s (e.g., TensorFlow, scikit-learn, numpy)
- Derive, interpret, and effectively deliver the results of data analysis using visualization techniques, tools, custom applications, or by narrating stories about the solutions to business problems
- Understand traditional and new data analysis methods that can build statistical models and discover patterns in data
- Work directly with business stakeholders and engineering teams, ask the right questions to create high quality solutions that solve end-user problems.
- Utilize a broad range of techniques in machine learning, data mining, statistics, and big data interrogation methods
- Provide work estimates and participate in design and implementation reviews
- Develop and execute agile work plans for iterative and incremental project delivery
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to effectively explain technical concepts.
- Minimum Master’s degree in computer science, software engineering, statistics, applied mathematics, engineering or physics
- 6+ years’ experience in developing and designing technology solutions
- 5+ years’ experience in the application of statistics, machine learning, and analytic approaches with a proven track record of solving critical business problems and uncovering new business opportunities
- Extensive experience designing and training models, integrating data from disparate systems, and cleaning data
- Solid experience of data visualization tools such as Pyqtgraph and/or Power BI and/or Tableau etc.
- Hands-on experience with prototyping/proof-of-concept development and stakeholder management
- Hands-on experience of Python and/or R, associated tools (TensorFlow, pandas, scikit-learn, numpy) and IDE’s (PyCharm, Eclipse, RStudio)
- Ability to write complex queries that are accessible, secure, and perform in an optimized manner with an ability to output to different types of consumers and systems
- Hands-on experience of Linux and Windows operating systems and their associated development platforms
- Basic understanding of SQL and/or Hive (or similar language) to perform ad hoc queries of large datasets
- Basic understanding of relational and non-relational database systems
- Basic understanding of cloud development platforms such as Azure or AWS and their associated data storage options
- Good judgment, time management, and decision-making skills.
For more information, please reach out to me at email@example.com
Complete the form below to apply for the Lead Data Scientist role: