Location: Dublin, Ireland
Senior Data Scientist
About the Company:
Our client is an independent TV measurement and analytics firm that offers advertising and content measurement, full-funnel attribution, media planning, optimization, and analytical solutions. Comprised of engineers, analysts, data scientists, media experts and marketing strategists, our client forges new paths using ground-breaking innovations that set industry standards for audience targeting and measurement.
Our client is looking for a dynamic Senior Data Scientist to serve as a coding and methodological thought leader. Being able and excited to analyse large and messy data is part of the job, as is having the skills to flexibly work on a variety of tasks to maintain project success. As a Senior Data Analyst, you will be responsible for improving methods and efficiencies across the team, project management, hands-on coding and cross team collaboration.
- Working independently or collaboratively on large and complex data science problems and analyses
- Leading and mentoring fellow analysts and data scientists
- Communicating with clients to develop analytical solutions within client context
- Applying or adapting methods to new problems, and developing new tools as needed
- Collaborating with software engineers to implement methods into production
- Working with client/sales team to build new business opportunities.
- Master's degree in a quantitative field
- 7+ years’ experience (or postgraduate degree(s) plus experience) in a comparable field
- 4+ years of coding and specifically 2+ years in R/Python
- Able and excited to analyse large and messy data
- Strict integrity, able to work with confidential, private, and high-value client information
- Intellectual flexibility to adapt existing tools, algorithms, methods to new needs
- Can balance workload across a variety of different projects over the course of a week
- Find stable threads to explore within amorphous and changing business problems
- Proficiency with statistics and machine learning techniques and the ability to continually improve current methodologies and processes
- Solid understanding of sampling, weighting, biased data, overfitting, ensemble methods, survey methodology, causal inference
- Strong ability to communicate about data structure and characteristics, analytical techniques, statistical findings, and solutions to a variety of audiences using data visualization and reporting tools such as ggplot2, matplotlib, Shiny, etc.
- Excellent written skills to translate results to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences through white papers; reports; and internal, external, and client-facing presentations
- PhD, ABD with experience in a comparable field
- Experience working in analytics in the entertainment industry or in television or digital marketing
- Experience designing and analysing experiments
- Experience analysing high-dimensional time series or event stream data
- Experience adapting, implementing, and scaling various machine learning techniques
- Experience with Databricks (or other distributed computing environments) and familiarity with Spark SQL and Scala
Our client offers a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental and vision.
If you are interested in this role, please email email@example.com
Complete the form below to apply for the Senior Data Scientist role: