Location: Dublin, Ireland
Lead Data Scientist
About the Company:
Our client is a global, ethical power company focusing on providing energy-efficient solutions that make a real impact. They are working on solving the technical challenges of today’s digital world, while developing ground-breaking technology that’s going to power the next generation of products and services.
Our client is continuing to expand their organisation and are recruiting a Lead Data Scientist to join their Edge Intelligence team. The Lead Data Scientist will collaborate with product groups to develop new data-science based product features. The features will primarily address emergent use cases in the industrial and energy domains.
The successful candidate will be expected to analyse requirements to drive the research and development of new data-science algorithms, encompassing advanced Digital Signal Processing and Machine Learning techniques. In addition, the candidate will be expected to understand and consider system constraints – especially constraints related to implementing algorithms on resource-constrained platforms.
- Engage with business units to define and evaluate opportunities for applying data science in the organisation, particularly for future product features
- Drive the research and development of state-of-the-art data-science algorithms involving advanced Digital Signal Processing and Machine Learning techniques – including Deep Learning
- Drive the research and development of high-quality, labelled datasets to support algorithm development – including the design of experiments
- Identify system constraints and incorporate into algorithm and dataset design and development
- Awareness of the performance issues (Memory & CPU) when implementing algorithms on resource-constrained platform(s)
- Plan projects and feature roadmaps, estimate time and resources required to complete projects; identify, and communicate solutions for blockers or other technical challenges experienced during project lifetimes
- Document and demonstrate solutions by using flowcharts, diagrams, code comments, code snippets, and performance instruments
- Mentor others in the use of our tools and techniques
- Stay abreast of relevant data science techniques, tools, and methodologies
- Protect Intellectual property
- Ensure that functionality is usable, reusable, and extensible for data scientists across the enterprise.
- Requires a minimum of a bachelor’s or higher degree(s) in computer science, computer engineering, electronic engineering, or other numerate degree
- 5+ years’ of progressive involvement in the application of data science to solve real-world problems
- Extensive practical experience across multiple projects of developing algorithms involving state-or-the-art AI techniques, including digital signal processing, and machine learning – including deep learning
- Skilled in the disciplined application of data science to solve business problems - time-boxed exploratory research, track progress with respect to defined metrics, frequent stakeholder feedback
- 2+ years of experience implementing data science algorithms across distributed infrastructure including embedded environment(s)
- Proven ability to implement algorithms in software and optimise for algorithm implementations for deployment on resource constrained devices
- Ability to analyse high-level requirements to plan data science initiatives and provide accurate estimates of delivery-time and resources required
- Excellent MATLAB, Simulink, and Python skills
- Experience in experimental design
- Experience in planning and executing data collection initiatives for dataset development
- Extensive awareness of data quality issues and practical experience of data cleaning
- Experience working with Agile development methodologies and concepts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to effectively explain technical concepts and solutions
- Strong communications and mentoring capabilities
- High comfort engaging with academic literature.
- Broad-based expertise in the IoT, Cyber-physical systems and edge computing
- Experience building and extending libraries to support software functionality needs of other roles
- Record of intellectual property generation and/or academic publications
- Experience in optimising code, identifying bottlenecks, and maximising performance on constrained hardware
- PhD in data science, energy or industrial application domain
- Experience porting algorithms written in high level language such as Python and MATLAB to C/C++ for deployment on embedded device
- Automatic code generation experience.
For more information, please reach out to me at email@example.com
Complete the form below to apply for the Lead Data Scientist role: