Location: Dublin, Ireland
Data Scientist (Mid-Level)
About the Company:
Our client is an innovative Virtual Reality organisation who create data driven VR simulation training for hazardous environments. They have created a training programme that combines authentic virtual training environments with cutting edge data capture and analytics capability. Machine Learning plays a big role in the ability to measure, predict and evaluate the performance of people at risk of danger in their role, which allows companies to improve training outcomes. This training allows organisations whose activities are Risky, Remote or Rare to measure, evaluate & predict performance.
As the Data Scientist you will have senior AI/ML direction from internationally recognised Professors of AI/ML and also be expected to operationalise guidance, lead a junior scientist and work with a cross functional group of colleagues and stakeholders to deliver outcomes.
Our client is looking for a Data Scientist to join their data team to work on developing machine learning (ML) algorithms. This role will be centred on the large simulation related datasets our client has gathered, helping to develop predictive analytics, and work towards their product vision of an adaptive learning environment.
The ideal candidate should have previous experience in applying ML concepts to design, prototype, and build complex, scalable, and sustainable services and products.
- Work on applied research projects using datasets provided to predict and improve performance
- Convert product vision and high level guidance into an executable research plan
- Work with cross functional colleagues and stakeholders to understand customer problems, major challenges, and formulate the problems into appropriate ML frameworks
- Take the lead on large ML projects for problems that are ambiguous, requiring both technical and domain expertise
- Build ML products that can be commercialised and scale
- Conduct research in the field of ML to build new solutions and improve the accuracy of existing ones, enabling the company to meet customers’ needs.
- Collaborate with peers and cross-team scientists & engineers to develop ML products/services
- Present the work in both internal and external conferences.
- Master’s degree in ML, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or any Quantitative field
- Tech stack that includes Python and Machine Learning packages such as Scikit-Learn, Tensorflow or PyTorch.
- 3+ years of experience in building mid-large-scale machine learning solutions
- Prior work experience as an applied scientist or a data scientist
- Experience of developing predictive analytics solutions
- Experience in writing production-ready code
- Ability to collaborate and work well as part of a results-oriented, remote team.
- Be able to demonstrate initiative, determination, high quality output and excellent communication skills
- An interest in gaming and simulation would be a bonus, as well as experience of working with data from virtual reality simulators.
Our client offers flexible working, great benefits and a competitive salary (depending on experience).
If you are interested please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org
Complete the form below to apply for the Data Scientist role: