Palo Alto, California
- on-site & remote offered
- Palo Alto area
- We are currently partnered with one of the most well renowned Biotech Research companies in the world.
- They are using real-time data and analytics to develop therapeutics more efficiently.
- Their Drug Development methods are changing the way of Drug Discovery Research.
- A team of Computational Biology, Data Scientists and Data Engineers
- Collaborate with scientists, entrepreneurs, and domain experts
- Build computational platforms for advancing the research and development of proteomics.
- Develop solutions to challenging computational problems and work with different types of data such as electronic medical records, computational chemistry, biology, imaging, text notes, and clinical trials
- Be part of and lead a team of data scientists and data engineers
- Develop solutions to core scientific problems
- Be comfortable with scientific risk
- Articulate and solve large problems by breaking them down into actionable points
- Be able to organize your time and work independently
- Work with clinical and pre-clinical teams
- Sharing and adhering to coding standards
- Ph.D. in computational biology, computer science, or a related discipline
- Strong programming skills with programs such as Python, R, SQL, Scala
- Single-cell analysis experience
- Experience with machine learning, statistical analysis & high throughput analysis
- Must know how to do linear/logistic regression, mixed effect modeling, hierarchical models, Bayesian networks, non-negative matrix factorization, CCA/PLS/LDA, etc.
Nice to have:
- Experience with causal inference
- Experience with tools such as Pandas, Scikit-learn, Tensorflow, PyTorch, Jupyter, or Spark
- Familiar with traditional drug discovery
- Know the development processes
- Knowledge of computer science concepts