My client provides AI-powered asset inspection and inventory analysis solutions for energy distribution grid operators. The company’s cloud-based software and computer vision solution, Inspector, reduces the need for dedicated distribution asset inspections and mitigates risk at-scale while reducing cost. The Inspector hardware sensors and AI edge processing arrays mount on existing fleet vehicles and automatically geolocate, inventory, and identify pole-top component defects while vehicles perform routine operations, reducing the need to mobilize dedicated inspection teams.
Simply put, They mitigate the risks associated with extreme weather and crumbling infrastructure – helping to keep the electric grid energized!
You are an expert at solving algorithmic problems and building embedded systems with C++.
You are seeking the opportunity to truly impact the company’s success while building and delivering solutions that help not only our customers, but all users of the electric grid.
What you will be doing
- Developing and maintaining our core C++ Computer Vision framework
- Providing algorithmic solutions for instance segmentation, multiple object tracking and event detection problems
- Taking part in the entire lifecycle of projects from requirements to development, deployment and maintenance
What skills and experience you need
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field.
- At least 2 years of recent and relevant experience in C++ development
- Industry experience in computer vision algorithms and implementation of deep learning models for multiple object detection, tracking and classification
- Expertise in depth estimation, 3D reconstruction, 2D/3D measurement, defect detection/recognition, OCR, SLAM, Sensor fusion, camera calibration, multi camera calibration, feature extraction, feature matching
- Experience in deep learning algorithms (CNN, RNN, LSTM) with a focus on computer vision tasks
- Nvidia Jetson and ROS/ROS2 experience
- Experience with SQL and cloud computing
- Experience in Python development