ServiceNow - Developer
The ServiceNow Developer will be part of a ServiceNow 6 person Managed Services Team. This role must be able to be in the office as they are key to interacting with people returning to the office and continued rollout of ServiceNow over the next 6 months to 3 years. We are seeking a consultant with extensive Service Mapping and ITOM/CMDB/Event/Assets Management experience, as well as deep-level system architecture.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Work with ITSM teams to understand process requirements and translate them into technical specifications for Service Mapping implementation.
· Develop and implement ServiceNow Service Mapping for defined business applications, edit and create discovery/mapping patterns, trouble-shooting process discovery, and service mapping errors, establishing successful Service Maps.
· Perform day to day administration of the ServiceNow Service Mapping/Discovery tool, including mapping additional defined business services into the tool and updating discovery configurations for deeper network penetration.
· Work with systems managers to ensure that the Discovery tool has the appropriate access and permissions to capture configuration information.
· Provide visibility to the performance and issues related to Discovery via the development and deployment of unified CMDB dashboards.
· Collaborate with Infrastructure Architects to understand IT technology strategy that guide which requirements need to be gathered.
· Work with Application SMEs to create and validate Service Maps for key applications.
· Maintain the integrity of the Service Mapping tool across production and non-production environments
· Assist in troubleshooting patch/release management issues, and upgrades
· Review the data being populated into the CMDB and act as a partial owner of the CMD
· Corresponding certifications, advanced development, and support knowledge of the ServiceNow platform.
· Experience and/or understanding with the operation, development and support of the following modules of ServiceNow: ITSM, ITOM, ITAM, GRC/VRM, SecOps, and Service Requests, Catalogs and Portals (Internal and External).
· Preferred experience with HR, ITBM (Benefit but not a requirement)
· Experience with Custom Applications and Automation modules
· Capabilities with CMDB, AMDB, Service Mapping, Discovery and automated CI/Asset identification, gathering and updating integrations (SolarWinds, SCCM, AirWatch, Qualys)
· Strong communication skills both written and communication.
· The ability to work with effectively with a team as well as independently.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA and other federal, state, and local standards
- Sedentary work that involves sitting or remaining stationary most of the time with occasional need to move around the office to attend meetings, etc.
Ability to conduct repetitive tasks on a computer, utilizing a mouse, keyboard,