ServiceNow - Business Analyst / Process Consultant
Alldus are seeking an Application Portfolio Management (APM) Analyst with strong experience in ServiceNow. This is a 6-12month contract engagement. This is a US-based position and is 100% remote. Candidates must be willing to work EST.
Due to our end client, candidates must be eligible to work in the US without a need for sponsorship now or in the future.
We are looking for an IT systems analyst to join our Application Portfolio Management Team. This role will partner with Business and IT in actively manage the application and technical service records and data for the application inventory within ServiceNow to support and enable short and long-term digital planning and decision making throughout the Enterprise. The APM Analyst will be responsible for the maintenance of application inventory data, as well as completion of APM tasks, and supporting APM processes, in ServiceNow.
Experience with ServiceNow configuration items and CSDM is imperative.
- Maintains the Application Portfolio configuration items in ServiceNow
- Completes APM Tasks related to New Application Requests (monitors the process, answers questions, provides guidance and facilitates decisions regarding if a CI should be created or not, creates new application CI’s)
- Completes APM Tasks related to Application Retirements (monitors the process, answers questions, provides guidance and facilitates decisions, updates data and status on application CI’s)
- Develops and produces ad-hoc and automated reports and spreadsheets for application portfolio analysis.
- Reports on APM metrics and KPIs via data extracts, spreadsheets, and PowerBI dashboards. Updates data for PowerBI dashboard.
- Process and load expense data in ServiceNow for application CI’s to generate a Total Cost of Ownership.
- Support application rationalization and retirement roadmap planning efforts through data analysis and extracts from the application inventory in ServiceNow.
- Support service mapping, connecting application and infrastructure CI’s in ServiceNow.
- Maintains and supports APM module, processes, and service requests in ServiceNow. Supports testing of these APM items during ServiceNow upgrades.
Education and Experience:
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience in IT or Information Management
- Experience with ServiceNow Configuration Management Database (CMDB)
- Experience with ServiceNow configuration including workflow administration, report setup and data import
- Collaborative skills and ability to communicate and work well with cross functional teams
- Ability to organize and drive teams to consensus and decision making around data standards and process
- Working knowledge of the ServiceNow Common Service Data Model (CSDM)
- Working knowledge of non-business application configuration items within ServiceNow (Technical Services, infrastructure, integrations, etc.)
- Familiarity with configuration item relationship mapping within Service Now