ServiceNow Technical Consultant
ServiceNow - Consultant
We are in immediate need of a ServiceNow Technical Consultant II/Lead with experience in ITSM and ITBM. This is a hybrid position requiring 3-days onsite in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Due to our end client, candidates must be eligible to work in the US without a need for sponsorship now or in the future.
The ServiceNow Technical Consultant II/Lead will be able to execute most of the duties from several roles on a ServiceNow team, including system administrator, QA tester, implementer, developer and Lead. A ServiceNow Technical Consultant II/Lead is responsible for assisting with the successful implementation and/or support of various capabilities on the ServiceNow platform through configuration and development of solutions and services, in a client consulting environment. This role is both technical and consultive, it requires a person who understands ITIL methodology and possesses prior technical experience as well as team leadership on the ServiceNow platform.
The incumbent will be responsible to assist in defining enhancement requirements, developing stories and tasks in partnership with client business partners and Product Owner. The Lead will also provide leadership and direction to offshore resources on development/testing, including managing timelines, estimates and tasks using ITBM for project management when appropriate. Responsible to quality assure deliverables prior to implementation. A drive for continued learning is essential in being an effective Technical Consultant II/Lead.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop, create, and modify general ServiceNow applications and modules with low code / no code functionality.
- Perform discovery work sessions to determine the solution requirements and produce deliverables, including mock-ups, flows, stories etc.
- Deliver end-to-end automated solutions which include technical implementation of the ServiceNow Platform, Core System, and Applications.
- Implement and/or administer IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) processes, workflow customization, ticketing, process automation, report development, dashboard creation, and system configurations.
- Implement and/or maintain the Core System including integration components (LDAP, Discovery, MID Server, etc.)
- Skillfully troubleshoot break/fix issues
- Apply Agile software development practices for customizations to the platform and lead an offshore team of developers, technical consultants in the execution of requirements.
- Refine requirements and perform integrations with the ServiceNow Integration Hub and web services using SOAP or Rest for components such as Azure, SSO, LDAP, etc.
- Organize and prioritize development efforts, interfacing with offshore teams and management, and potentially coordinating efforts of multiple teams.
- Communicates professionally and effectively verbally and in writing with business users, technical teams and client management.
- Manage multiple projects concurrently.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems other related discipline or 8+ years ServiceNow experience
- ServiceNow Certified System Administrator and ServiceNow Certified Implementation Specialist in at least 1 platform capability required.
- ServiceNow Certified Application Developer, optional
- 4+ years’ experience functioning as a ServiceNow System Administrator or Technical Consultant
- Strong experience with ITSM and ITBM implementations, enhancements and support in a large enterprise environment including, Incident, Request, Change, Major Incident and ITBM to manage projects and time entry.
- Well versed with ITIL concepts and IT Service Management practices (ITIL v4 or v3 certification highly preferred)
- 1+ years in a team/technical leadership role, defining requirements, managing the enhancement lifecycle and assigning work to a technical team
- Experience working with an offshore technical team
- Functional and technical knowledge of ServiceNow and demonstrable experience with ServiceNow platform navigation, administration, configuration, and flow design
- Working Knowledge of ServiceNow’s SAIF Methodology
- Knowledge of Active Directory and LDAP
- Experience with web-based programming languages a plus – Angular JS, XML, JSON, HTML, CSS and similar are a plus.
- Understanding of relational database concepts is required
- Development and/or implementation experience in the areas of ServiceNow Mobile solution is highly preferred
- Experience integrating ServiceNow with other industry leading tools and applications via the use of Integration Hub or APIs
- Experience with recent ServiceNow versions
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving ability
- Strong team player with ability to build positive and collaborative relationships within the organization.
- Willingness to develop professionally and eager to learn.