New York, New York
Development - Java Backend
Our client is looking for a Lead Java Engineer to join their Multi-Asset Algorithmic Trading Desk. This is an opportunity to be a key contributor to their automation and modernization efforts. This is a high-impact building end-to-end HPC electronic trading software & strategies.
- Join a high-performing Agile team and develop Java software using object-oriented principles and design patterns, with a focus on Behavior Driven Development methodology.
- Create comprehensive designs that seamlessly integrate into the existing architecture.
- Collaborate directly with business analysts, traders, sales, and operations groups to understand requirements.
- Develop and modify SQL database objects (tables, views, stored procedures, etc.).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 6+ years of Software Engineering experience, demonstrated through work experience, training, military experience, or education.
- Java-based Object-Oriented Analysis (OOA) and Object-Oriented Design (OOD) experience.
- Experience with relational or NoSQL databases.
- Experience with SDLC and Agile tools such as JIRA, GitHub, Jenkins, Confluence, etc.
- Demonstrated experience working with Kubernetes or similar container technology.
- Experience with public cloud providers such as AWS, GCP or Azure & using cloud-based open-source Distributed Caching technology.
- Exposure to open-source messaging technologies on the cloud, like Apache Kafka