Cloud - Devops
Role: DevOps Engineer
Day Rate: €400-500 p/d
Location: Ireland (Hybrid)
Duration: 12 months
Alldus have partnered with Optum for a number of exciting technology contract positions. Optum, the fast-growing part of UnitedHealth Group, is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business. Our teams are dedicated to modernizing the health care system and improving the lives of people and communities.
This DevOps role will perform duties related to application development and operational support. Guide teams in designing, building, testing, and deploying changes to existing software and enhance the security protocols of the IT infrastructure.
Overseeing environments’ health and facilitation of high priority incidents to improve the state of service availability and continuity. Develop processes and activities that focus on restoring service after an incident occurs. Understand the interactions between systems, the applications and services hosted and evaluate the impact of changes and additions. Perform analysis on existing systems to ensure performance and reliability, enhance scalability, meet security requirements and interoperable and maintainable technology portfolio.
– Support all phases of software engineering including requirements analysis, application design code development and testing
– Setup and maintain CI/CD pipelines
– Setup and maintain monitoring and alerting
– Identify and resolve security vulnerabilities
– Participate in an Agile/Scrum methodology to deliver high-quality software releases every Sprint
– Troubleshoot production support issues post-deployment and come up with solutions as required
– End to end ITSM support including change management, incident management and problem management
– 2+ years of experience in 24×7 Production Support and ITSM Practices
– 2+ years of experience in hands on distributed server operations (build, break / fix, manage, patching, prod support)
– 2+ years of application development experience
– Knowledge of monitoring tools, automation scripts, and overall automation to reduce manual efforts
– Experience working with Open Source technology such as Git/GitHub, OpenShift, Apache JMeter, or Python
– Experience working in an Agile CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery) development environment
– Experience with writing batch files, PowerShell scripts or UNIX shell scripts
– Excellent written communication skills and ability to document technical content
– 4 year degree in computer science or equivalent experience
If you are based in Ireland with the correct right to work (EU, UK passport or Stamp4/1G visa) and would like to learn more, please share an updated CV and I will reach out.