DevSecOps Engineer (Operational)
Cloud - Devops
- Assist the Government in planning and overseeing cloud efforts on a large scale.
- Technical advisor on pros and cons of potential approaches.
- Consult with government users and gather requirements for Cloud implementations.
- Palo Alto Conf/Admin, other firewall brands are fine as long as the candidate have a strong understanding of configuration.
- Architect and create secure, modern, and repeatable security solutions for the custom cloud marketplace, following industry best practices, such as DevSecOps, and that map to DoD Security Standards.
- Utilize AWS CDK (Cloud Development Kit) for creating cloud templates.
- Analyze customer’s business needs and help customer translate into technical requirements.
- Provide technical subject matter expertise on infrastructure considerations in IT System Engineering with an emphasis on modern, cloud services and application portability.
- Expertise in DevSecOps, release management activities, deployment procedures, and security practices in various system environments.
- Assist in the review, analysis, and documentation of market research materials, and make recommendations on how that analysis should inform the project direction.
- Review, draft, and update the technical portions of various documents, including acquisition, other program document, and user support documents.
- Draft, edit, and consolidate briefings and other informational documents
- Deep knowledge of the RMF process and the ability to STIG an application.
- Present technical information in a concise manner that can be understood by non-engineers and gives decision-makers the context and key points necessary to make necessary decisions.
- Prepare white papers and informational memoranda on technical areas of interest, such as application architecture, modern software practices and tools, etc.
- Support analysis and preparatory activities for migration of applications to a new cloud environment.
- Develop technical documentation.
- Analyze and translate requirements into technical and functional specifications.
- Leading design and development activities, and providing technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology.
- Incorporating new plans, designs, and systems into ongoing operations.
- Ensuring that all control gates are met on schedule.
- Interfacing with the government regarding systems engineering technical considerations and associated problems, issues, or conflicts.
- Briefings to the government as well as other key stakeholders.
- Responsible for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the systems engineering area of responsibility.
- Assist other team members in other specialties as needed to accomplish the overall mission.#
- 8+ years related experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in a relevant field. Master’s Degree in a relevant field preferred
- Deep systems engineering comprehension of the state of the art in large scale cloud implementation and migrations in cloud environments, the infrastructure considerations, and the respective best practices and challenges.
- Powerful analytical and problem solving skills – including the ability to develop solutions in new and creative ways.
- Ability to combine knowledge and expertise from diverse areas in new/unique ways to solve problems.
- Strong ability to lead disparate teams from different groups form consensus
- GitHub, SonarQube, Jenkins, JIRA, Docker.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong ability to brief senior executives with little notice.
- Comfortable in a fast paced/dynamic environment.
- Ability to function in an action officer type role when needed.
- Must be a US Citizen, hold a current DoD Secret Clearance, and have the ability to obtain a DoD Top Secret Clearance.
- AWS/Azure, Google Certifications, Sec + CISSP (Preferred)