Long Beach, California
Job Title: Vice President of Spacecraft Development
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Job Type: Full-time
About the Company:
We are an innovative aerospace company dedicated to advancing technology platforms for space exploration and resource capture. Our goal is to unlock the extensive potential of space for the benefit of humanity by pushing the boundaries of technology and innovation. Our focus lies in the development of large-scale space vehicles and technologies, leveraging the latest advancements to address challenges such as space debris mitigation, object capture and control, deep space exploration, and resource acquisition.
At our company, we aim to accelerate the utilization of space resources by providing unprecedented access to natural objects in close proximity to Earth. We are developing a vehicle capable of object capture, trajectory alterations, and redirection, offering versatile technology for orbital debris mitigation, de-orbiting, and beyond. Our next-generation vehicles will undertake deep space missions to capture and deliver asteroid resources, opening up opportunities for industrial and scientific research.
As the Vice President of Spacecraft Development, you will play a crucial role in guiding the entire lifecycle of spacecraft development. This includes overseeing concept creation, design, manufacturing, integration, and testing processes. Your strategic acumen, technical proficiency, and leadership abilities will be pivotal in fostering innovation, upholding technical superiority, and delivering spacecraft solutions of the highest quality.
Responsibilities: Leadership and Strategy:
- Provide strategic direction and oversee the overall spacecraft development roadmap.
- Lead and direct spacecraft development initiatives in alignment with the company's mission and objectives.
- Foster innovation and identify opportunities for technological advancements in spacecraft design, systems integration, and mission capabilities.
- Collaborate with the executive team to align spacecraft development objectives with the company's vision and business goals.
- Lead and mentor a team of engineers and scientists in designing, developing, and testing advanced spacecraft platforms.
- Ensure compliance with industry standards, best practices, and regulatory requirements.
- Stay updated on emerging trends and advancements in spacecraft development, identifying areas for potential integration into our technologies.
- As part of your role, you will have the responsibility of supervising the implementation of spacecraft development projects. This includes tasks such as budget management, scheduling, resource allocation, and risk mitigation.
- Promote a collaborative culture and foster cross-functional teamwork among teams involved in spacecraft development.
- Monitor project progress, identify bottlenecks, and implement strategies to ensure timely delivery of high-quality spacecraft platforms.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with customers, partners, and government agencies to foster strategic partnerships, secure funding opportunities, and participate in industry forums and conferences.
- Collaborate with the business development team to identify and pursue new opportunities for spacecraft development, including partnerships and collaborations.
- Represent the company in industry events, conferences, and technical forums to showcase expertise and promote spacecraft development capabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Aerospace Engineering or a related field (advanced degree preferred) with a minimum of 7 years of related experience.
- Proven experience in spacecraft design, development, and execution, with a track record of successfully leading and delivering complex projects.
- Deep understanding of spacecraft systems, subsystems, and mission requirements.
- Proficiency in project management methodologies and tools.
- Strong leadership and people management skills, with a track record of building and leading high-performing teams.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Knowledge of industry trends, emerging technologies, and regulatory requirements in the aerospace sector.
- Experience in managing budgets, resources, and schedules to ensure project success.
- Familiarity with relevant industry standards, regulations, and best practices in spacecraft development.
- Strategic mindset with a keen eye for identifying emerging trends and technologies that enhance spacecraft capabilities.
Benefits: Our company offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents.