Backend Team Lead – Founding Engineer
We are a well-funded stealth startup backed by top-tier Silicon Valley investors. The founders previously built and sold their last company to ServiceNow, where they ran emerging platform products. The team is back together to create the next enterprise software disruptor.
- The company seeks an adept backend engineer team leader to become part of the founding group and contribute to the construction of the product.
- The ideal addition to our team will have a strong desire to create a startup and shape the vision of the company together with us.
- You will lead development operations for the backend team
- You will take ownership over the technical process to create next-generation technology.
What you will do:
- Help define the technical architecture and develop the product endto-end
- Help design and construct machine learning models and build data pipelines
- Lead the backend engineering team and make strategic, technical decisions
- Collaborate with our founders and early team to gather requirements through detailed technical discussions and brainstorming sessions.
- Explore new product development areas driven by a strategic understanding of the user’s landscape.
- Take ownership and drive initiatives for segments within the product
- 5+ years of experience building scalable and performant backend systems
- Previous experience as a team lead
- 5+ years in a cloud-based ecosystem such as AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure
- Experience solving complex technical challenges
- Experience with developing data-intensive applications and building data pipelines
- Experience designing data models and data warehouses and using SQL and NoSQL database management systems
- Degree in Computer Science, Statistics or relevant field
- Experience developing browser extensions is a plus
- Attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Deep understanding of technology
- Proven record of shipping features on time and on budget
- Flexible and focused on solutions
- Organized and self-sufficient
- Passion for developing technical solutions
- This position can be completed in person or as a remote employee
- The company has offices in San Francisco and Los Angeles
- If in Los Angeles or San Francisco will require a hybrid work schedule 3 days in the office per week