An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Lead Data Scientist within our Data Science division. This pivotal role is focused on leveraging cutting-edge technologies and innovative approaches to propel our company towards a more data-centric future, enhancing our capabilities in decision-making and insight generation. The successful candidate will be at the forefront of integrating advanced data science methodologies, including machine learning and artificial intelligence, to catalyze innovation across our product lines and services.
As the Lead Data Scientist, you will play a key role in establishing and guiding our Data Science Lab. Your expertise will be instrumental in developing sophisticated data science solutions, employing state-of-the-art machine learning and artificial intelligence techniques. This role involves close collaboration with top-tier executives on significant projects, delivering AI/ML solutions that are market-ready and have a tangible impact on our risk management strategies and financial outcomes. Ideal candidates should possess profound knowledge in the fields of insurance and financial services, a zeal for applying the latest ML and AI techniques, and the capacity to create and implement effective data science strategies that promote growth, competitive edge, and customer satisfaction.
We are undergoing a transformation to become a contemporary, progressive insurance entity, focusing on enhancing customer well-being. A Chief Data & Analytics Officer (CDAO) has been appointed to steer this shift, leading our Enterprise Data and Analytic Office (EDAO). This position offers a unique chance to work alongside the CDAO and the Head of Data Science, contributing significantly to our ongoing development.
The EDAO is committed to fostering a culture that prioritizes data-driven insights, playing a crucial role in achieving our strategic goals. Our main activities include deriving business value from data and analytic products, managing data lifecycles, generating insights, and delivering data products. The team comprises data analysts, product owners, engineers, scientists, and business-focused data leaders. Our work is vital to the company’s revenue growth, risk management, and customer experience enhancement.
Lead the Data Science Lab (DSL):
- Establish and head a team of skilled data scientists.
- Remain abreast of ML and AI advancements and industry trends.
- Partner with external entities for the development and testing of novel AI/ML methods.
- Apply ML and AI innovations to practical scenarios within our company.
- Implement test-and-learn methodologies for new data science applications.
- Mentor and guide DSL team members.
- Innovate and patent new technologies and methodologies.
- Serve as a data science authority in internal and external interactions.
- Engage in proof-of-concept tests for new data, software, and technologies.
- Participate in AI/ML and industry conferences.
Develop Advanced AI/ML Solutions:
- Utilize AI/ML for complex tasks like mining unstructured data (insurance contracts, medical records, etc.).
- Innovate in areas like underwriting risk assessment and customer service using AI/ML.
Contribute to the Overall Data Science Organization:
- Collaborate across various teams (Data Science, Data Engineering, Business groups).
- Standardize tools, processes, and best practices within Data Science.
- A deep passion for cutting-edge technology, particularly in AI/ML.
- Proven experience in developing and implementing data and analytic solutions to solve complex business challenges.
- Leadership qualities, with experience in managing data science teams.
- Strong analytical skills and a detail-oriented approach.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or related fields, with over 10 years of experience.
- Advanced degrees (PhD or Master’s) with significant experience preferred.
- Extensive hands-on experience in ML modeling and development.
- Proficiency in deep learning models, including Large Language Models (LLM) and Natural Language Processing (NLP).
- Expertise in Python programming, PyTorch, Tensorflow, and parallel computing for ML.
Location and Salary:
- This remote position offers flexibility, with occasional travel required.
- Salary: $140-240k DOE, with potential for incentive compensation.
We strive to provide a supportive and flexible environment, offering numerous opportunities for professional and personal growth. We are dedicated to fostering well-being, providing comprehensive health care options, retirement plans, and a range of other benefits. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is unwavering, ensuring an equitable and enriching workplace for all employees.