Location: New York, United States
About the job
We are a hyper-growth tech start-up with a mission to bring a smile to people's faces by connecting them to products that bring nourishment, love, memories, connection, nostalgia, and comfort.
We are looking for an experienced Lead Data Engineer to join our team in New York. This role will be responsible for overseeing the design, development, and deployment of our end-to-end production batch and streaming data pipelines and infrastructure.We currently leverages Snowflake, Kafka, Fivetran, Airflow and GCP in it’s data infrastructure. This role will be involved in guiding the direction of our data team, making decisions around tech stack, and facilitating the evolution of our data infrastructure.
- Work alongside the rest of the Data Science, Machine Learning, and software engineering teams to build the data-driven backbone of our business
- Implement data infrastructure that best meets the needs of our high performance platform.
- Build and maintain production batch and streaming data pipelines to support machine learning, data science, and analytics.
- B.S. or M.S. in a quantitative field (e.g., computer science, engineering, etc.)
- 4+ years of experience building production data pipelines
- Strong programming and debugging skills in Python
- Experience with building batch ETL workflows (SQL, Spark, Airflow, etc.)
- Experience with streaming workflows like Kafka
- Experience with data warehouses (Snowflake, Redshift, etc.)
- Experience working in cloud hosted environments (AWS, GCP, etc.)
- Bonus: experience building high performance data products in e-commerce
Complete the form below to apply for the Lead Data Engineer role: