Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Location: They are located in Boston, MA
Worksite: This is a hybrid role. You will be asked to work onsite a couple days per week and also be allowed to work from home the rest of the time.
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
*Must come from Medical Device industry and have WPF expeirence*
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Software Engineer with Medical Device & WPF experience to help our client build cutting edge analysis, visualization and compute pipelines for analyzing sequencer data.
The position requires advanced python expertise and data science skills, in addition to solid computer science skills.
You will be involved in developing, implanting and testing the data analysis algorithms, pipelines.
You will also develop advanced visualization for sequencer data and its derivatives.
• Analyze software requirements and design, implement and tests which conforms to the requirement.
• Write clean, maintainable, documented code using best engineering practices in the industry (design patterns, TDD, peer review, CI, automated testing etc.). Prepare documentation and participate in design reviews.
• Work with lab scientists to assist them in their research by collecting their requirements and implementing appropriate algorithms and features in the analysis software.
• Work with contractors and vendors to ensure quality of deliverables.
• Monitor work to ensure quality, and continuously promote Quality First Time.
• Provide technical direction and feedback to others.
• Analyze the software for performance and preemptively implement solutions to address any performance issues.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or related technical discipline 4 years of experience
• Must have WPF experience
• Must have experience working in the Medical Device Industry
• Highly conversant with numpy, pandas, matplotlib and other similar data analysis and visualization libraries.
• Good experience with distributing and cloud computing in scientific domain.
• Working knowledge of deep learning and experience working with tensorflow.
• Development Essentials: JIRA, Git, Jenkins, Docker, python package management.
• Collaborative Traits: Good communication skills, team player, work under tight deadlines, good mentoring.
• Engineering Traits: Attention to detail, problem solving, debugging, optimization and analytical skills
Complete the form below to apply for the Senior Software Engineer role: