Location: New York, United States
This is a full-time position at our office in New York, NY.
We are a biological data platform company that applies AI / ML to unique and proprietary data to provide personalized recommendations and discover molecular therapeutic targets.
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Data Engineer to enhance our scalable data-driven solutions infrastructure. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with other teams specializing in biology, data science, and clinical trials to enrich our data assets and take our data-driven multi-omics tools and pipelines to the next level.
- You will take a lead and ownership in planning, execution and release for individual projects through their full life cycle, as well as shape our team’s architectural roadmap.
- Design, build, and manage scalable, sustainable, and architecturally sound solutions through sophisticated data integration and versatile analytics workflows.
- Drive and implement, in conjunction with the product engineering team, best practices to release code on an AWS platform, as well as services and data to other consumers within the company.
- Design and implement innovative large-scale data-centric solutions
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, with a focus on software engineering, database and cloud-based distributed systems.
- 5+ years of work experience in data engineering in the cloud and contributing code to data-intensive production solutions.
- Strong experience in databases with experience with schema design and data modeling, and analytical skills to QA data and identify gaps and inconsistencies.
- Expertise in Linux, shell, and SQL, as well as proficiency in programming languages such as Java and Python.
- Solid software engineering practices, especially CI/CD and revision control (git, etc.).
- Ability to grasp complex analytics processes and translate this understanding into innovative solutions with managed dependencies with robust implementation and operation.
- Expertise building and running scalable large-scale data pipelines, with demonstrated data-modeling and data-architecture optimized contributions.
- Expertise in cloud computing, especially with AWS Compute, Analytics, Database, RDS, Management & Governance, Application Integration, and Containers services.
Nice to Have:
- Exposure to the fields of biology, medicine, or related fields, and experience with molecular and/or clinical data will be a plus.
Complete the form below to apply for the Senior Data Engineer role: