Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Company:This is a Healthtech company that has a platform enabling hospitals and research centers across the world to share data and collaborate on a variety of projects.
You are an experienced software engineer, capable of designing and implementing complex systems and with extensive experience leading the development of integrations with LIMS or EHR systems, with FHIR / HL7.
You are comfortable designing for large, fault tolerant and scalable distributed systems, familiar with a broad range of microservices and modern web-based technology stacks.
- Lead data strategy and road map exercises, data architecture definition, business intelligence / data warehouse product selection, design and implementation
- Work with our clients to help define their Cloud data strategy and translating their needs through the implementation of cutting-edge data solutions to provide valuable insights.
- Play key roles in large projects. Senior Data Modeler. Technical Lead. Data Architect. - you may work solely in development, performing analysis through exploration of data, helping architect and design a cloud solution, or serve as a lead for a development team.
- Lead analysis, architecture, design, and development of data hub, data warehouse and business intelligence solutions
- Participate and provide technical leadership in all phases of a project from discovery and planning through implementation and delivery
- Work through all stages of a data solution life cycle: analyze/profile data, create conceptual, logical & physical data model designs, data mappings, event topics, API data models, BI semantic models, etc.
- Reviews database architectures and designs to ensure data integrity and quality, performance, management, scalability, etc.
- Designs, develops, and deploys back-end systems to support operational and analytical reporting
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to proactively develop data solutions to bring to market to support the needs of our healthcare clients.
- At least 7 years of hands-on experience in architecture, design and development of enterprise data solutions and integrations
- Experience in the health care industry, preferably from payer or provider perspective
- Expert knowledge of various healthcare industry data models and adapting those models to meet needs of client
- Master level proficiency in modern data architectures including Data Lakes, Data Hubs, Big Data Engineering, ETL / Data Integration, Data Streams/Event Driven Architecture, Business Intelligence and Advanced Analytics on various platforms and technology stacks – RDBMS, NoSQL, Graph - On-Prem, Hybrid and Cloud (Azure)
- Hands-on experience developing data services with Microsoft Azure cloud solutions (primarily related to Azure Synapse, ADLS and ADF) and migrating data from on-prem databases to cloud
- Working knowledge of data modeling tools (e.g. ERWIN) and data modeling principles for data warehousing (3NF/star/snowflake)
- Experience with FHIR/HL7 and familiarity with Interoperability
- Understanding of healthcare application ecosystem (i.e. Claims Processing, EHR)
- Understanding of healthcare security (i.e. HIPAA, HITECH)
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to travel as required to support client engagements (after COVID travel restrictions have lifted)
- A flexible, friendly and international working environment with a collaborative atmosphere
- An exciting company mission that brings together science and technology to directly impact the lives of patients with life threatening illness.
- A fast-growing company with plenty of opportunity for personal growth and development
- A hard technical challenge to solve with exciting modern technology - cloud computing, Big Data, DevOps, machine learning
Complete the form below to apply for the Software Architect (EHR, LIMS, RWE) role: