Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
This is a Biotech startup that uses Ai, Machine Learning and Deep Learning techniques to help them conduct the Drug Discovery process in a more efficient and effective manner.
In this role you will:
- Lead the design and implementation of our cloud-native computational chemistry platform
- Experience in computational chemistry is welcome but not required/preferred.
- Effective scaling of comp. chem. workflows to billions of molecules.
- Storage, analysis, and interactive visualization of Terabytes of 3D molecule data
- Implementation of a CRUD API for a diverse set of comp. chem operations.
- Introduce modern technology innovations concerning performance, reliability, and scalability to our internal software stack.
- Support a wide variety of use cases, from research projects to productionized drug discovery operations.
- Mentor, learn, and share knowledge with others along the way.
- 5-10 years of working experience in developing production-ready, cloud-native software applications involving large-scale datasets and computing.
- A degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related discipline.
- Comfort with modern software development practices(Git, Issue tracking, code-review, CI/CD, etc)
- Experience in working with large, complex data sets and distributed computing frameworks.
- Storage: Apache Parquet , AWS S3, DynamoDB
- Compute/Querying: Apache Spark, K8s on AWS EKS, AWS Athena
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Passion for writing excellent software.
A perfect candidate has:
- Lead the design and development, and released to production at least a couple of cloud-based data pipelines
- Proficiency in python software development for web service applications.
- Fundamental understanding of DevOps workflows related to full-stack web development.
- Familiarity with evolving approaches and technologies in databases, data storage, and distributed computing
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. Your compensation is rounded out by a strong benefits package:
- Flexible work hours, with occasional work-from-home options.
- Unlimited paid leave and sick time.
- Healthcare, vision, and dental insurance plans, with voluntary add-ons available for dependent care, life, and accident coverage.
- Commuter benefits.
- Work in a cool and vibrant space at the heart of Boston.
- Snacks and drinks in the office.
Complete the form below to apply for the Software Architect role: