Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Vice President of Data Science Insights
The Data Science Insights team consists of data scientists working in integrated teams on preclinical and clinical programs. The leader of this group will be responsible for the success of our preclinical and clinical programs and will ensure that all decisions are data-driven. They will also be responsible for strategy and execution associated with scaling the data science insights function. Specifically, they will:
- Define the vision and strategy for the data science insights team aligning with business objectives around the therapeutic programs and the Computational Platform. ‘
- Have a product management mindset and work with Data Science Systems and Engineering to align Computational Platform roadmap with the highest impact needs of internal therapeutic programs.
- Recruit, organize, plan, and execute programs as a co-equal partner to preclinical and clinical leadership.
- Set up systems/processes that would support the ability for the data science team to drive programs through delivering insights to inform target and molecular discovery (both small molecule and biologics) and clinical development.
- Accountable for ensuring the preclinical and clinical data generation is fit for purpose and will both drive the program forward and improve the Compute Platform.
- Templatize and automate the most common data science requests to reduce avoidable effort.
- Have a product management mindset, leverage the programs to develop and drive platform requirements that help with the Computational Platform buildout.
- Develop proper quality management processes, KPIs, and culture.
- Act as strategic partner to manage strategic growth while ensuring robust and adequate processes are in place w/o burdening innovation and start-up spirit.
- Work with the executives across the company to ensure the company is fully integrated and aligned to the platform enabled drug discovery and development vision and plan.
- Build an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity.
Key Performance Indicators
- Program execution (quality, time, cost)
- Ability to drive platform requirements
- Fixed operating cost leverage (based on adoption of automation).
- Industry Experience: Experience as a drug hunter required. It is preferred that candidates have experience working in companies of varying scale. At least 10+ years of experience in data science management in the Biotech/Pharma industry; plus a proven track record of leading data strategy in alignment with the overall company strategy and experience in regulated environments.
- Executive leadership and influence: Experience presenting and influencing C-level decision makers on enterprise-level strategic decisions and prioritization.
- Operational Effectiveness: Leads by example- fostering strong "get it done" orientation and culture, including individual roll-up-your-sleeve contributions and continuous prioritization and execution, measured through KPIs. Comfortable working successfully in smaller teams (hands-on), with experience scaling to large, global teams with a global development footprint.
- Communication: Proven experience partnering with preclinical and clinical science leaders and defining narrative to educate them on emerging data-driven approaches.
- Leadership and Talent-Focus: Demonstrated capability to attract, build, develop, and retain a high-performing team of independent thinkers and drivers that own and deliver on KPIs, on time, with quality.
- Delivery Obsession: Mission- and vision-oriented computational decision making evangelist. Comfortable with being the face and voice of the data and mission across the company. Sees ambiguity as opportunity, and obstacles as chances to build.
- Think Big: Innovative and creative, with a vision that transcends what is visible today.
- Earn Trust: Ability to build credibility and rapport with the executive team to drive collaboration and coordination with key stakeholders.
- High Emotional Quotient (EQ): strong communication and influencing skills.
Complete the form below to apply for the Vice President of Data Science Insights (Clinical & Preclinical) role: