Location: New york, New York, United States
Our client is a global Biopharma headquartered in NYC with a vast network of pioneering drug treatments affecting a wide range of diseases. They utilize an AI-enabled approach to drug discovery, development and commercialization.
You will be working as part of a cross-functional team at the intersection of biology, data science and drug discovery, supporting the data integration (pathway databases, genomic datasets, etc.), drug and disease target identification, biomarkers identifications and more, collaborating with Data Science teams the organization.
- Formulate biological questions raised by our drug discovery programs that can be addressed by data science and lead the construction and utilization of our database
- Analyze and interpret biomedical datasets to form hypotheses about the mechanism of action of a drug, biomarker for drug response and causes of disease to test
- Contribute to the development of programmatic tools and workflows that automate the analysis of biomedical datasets and integrate them into the database
- Investigate, prototype, and implement new scientific capabilities (i.e. pathway ontologies, graph algorithms, ML applied to DEL data analysis and/or compound properties prediction, etc.) and disseminate the latest research trends and developments across teams
Who You Are:
- PhD in computational biology, bioinformatics, or related field of research with hands on experience in data science
- 2+ years or more experience (preferably in industry), integrating and analyzing biomedical datasets to directly support Drug Discovery activities
- Experience working in the pharmaceutical industry is a must
- Hands-on experience in processing, integrating, and analyzing biomedical datasets (ex.: pathways, differential expression, mutation, and/or biomarker) in the context of cellular pathway understanding for biological insights leading to testable hypotheses relevant to Drug Discovery and Development.
- Strong programming skills in relevant frameworks and languages such as Python and/or R. Familiarity with the packages that support Bioinformatics, Data Science and Machine Learning activities
- Experience in using: SPARQL, Neo4j, MySQL, AWS, JS, Jupyter
- Experience working in Linux environment and using GitHub
- Successful experience in collaborating on code development
- Ability to partner with team members using strong written and verbal communication
- Understanding of cell biology and drug discovery
- Familiarity with biomarker discovery and development.
- Eager to investigate and learn new things (ex.: methods, domain knowledge) when tackling various Drug Discovery projects
Complete the form below to apply for the Bioinformatics Data Scientist role: