Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Director of Engineering
We are a next-generation Artificial Intelligence start-up creating world-class algorithms to better predict and understand consumer behavior. We leverage best-in-class models to build highly scalable products and services that adapt to situation as granular as the individual consumer.
As a Director of Engineering you will play a pivotal role in building and scaling our technical infrastructure and processes.
Join our team if you enjoy:
- Being involved in key strategic decision making processes in areas like data pipelines, machine learning orchestration, CI/CD, devops, internal tooling, microservices, etc.
- Leading from the front as a hands-on manager that builds robust systems and manages, coaches, supports, and mentors our engineers
- Owning systems end-to-end and being the key decision making in building new features, scaling infrastructure, and continuously modernizing our tech-stack.
- B.S. in a highly quantitative field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Operations Research, etc) or equivalent experience (Advanced Degree preferred)
- 5+ years of backend programming experience (Python exp. preferred)
- 2+ years working with Applied Machine Learning, Data Science, or Data Engineering related systems
- 2+ of hands-on management or leadership experience
- Demonstrated ability leading API architecture & implementation
- Strong understanding of network protocols
- Familiarity of relational and NoSQL databases
- Expert understanding of internet security & privacy mechanisms
Complete the form below to apply for the Director of Engineering role: