Location: Medford, Massachusetts, United States
We are a life sciences company developing products that help to solve issues facing plant health, human health, and animal health.
We are designing products to create a future with a cleaner
environment, healthier people, and a stronger food supply chain.
We are seeking a Bioinformatics Engineer who will provide software engineering/ML Ops support for Bioinformatics workflows. You will work on the automation of bioinformatics workflows, including next gen sequencing, assay data collection and data modelling pipelines. We are seeking someone with experiences building pipelines using workflow engines and cloud capabilities.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Develop, deploy and optimize bioinformatics software
- Review and refactor legacy bioinformatics code
- Test and deploy cloud-based database management and MLOps technology
- Test and deploy a variety of bioinformatics pipelines
- Automate pipelines for the entire MLOps lifecycle from data prep, training, deployment, and monitoring.
- Select, evaluate, and integrate industry leading tools and frameworks.
- Develop efficient, maintainable, and documented code production software
- Communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical collaborators
- Refine and improve end-to-end software and machine learning workflows
- Healthcare Industry experience
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related field
- 5 years of experience in software development
- 2 years of experience in software bioinformatics
- Strong coding skills in Python, R/R-shiny
- Proficiency in designing, deployment, query authoring, and management of local and cloud-based SQL
- Experience with developing in cloud environments (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Experience using Docker, Next Flow, Data Robot
- Experience with developing, integrating, deploying, and testing production software
- Knowledge/experience of good software engineering practices
Nice to have:
- Proven experience with the Azure ecosystem
- Experience with ELT/ETL principles
- Experience with Snowflake and Tableau
- Prior experience using and developing bioinformatics, machine learning, and assay pipelines.
- Experience using open-source machine learning and deep learning frameworks
- MLOps life-cycle experience
Complete the form below to apply for the Bioinformatics Engineer/Software Engineer (Bioinformatics) role: