Location: New York, United States
Exciting opportunity to work across traditional industry boundaries in a fast-paced startup environment, with a diverse array of data spanning unique biological dataset and computational modeling of customers’ wellness outcomes and finding new healthcare insights. Example projects include developing custom models to screen for diseases or demonstrating the effect of certain treatments on various health markers.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our Bioinformatics Team to architect and implement bioinformatics features for our AI platform. In this role, you will have the opportunity to partner with internal stakeholders to assess ways to implement new bioinformatics features; develop the architecture for these improvements; and implement the changes. We provide the freedom to execute, learn and pivot, and the responsibility to be self-directed, collaborative, and insightful.
- Develop infrastructure, tools and pipelines to analyze large RNA-seq datasets
- Design and implement robust, maintainable and scalable bioinformatics pipelines using best practices in software engineering e.g. modularity, testing, deployment, monitoring
- Implement and/or integrate with our data platform through metadata and data solutions to support configurable and scalable bioinformatics analyses
- Design and implement tools and data stores to manage metadata, proprietary catalogs and interface and integrate with sources of domain knowledge
- Maintain awareness of best practices to incorporate new technologies and solutions to scale and enhance our bioinformatics platform
- Work cross-functionally and collaboratively with AI, engineering, data science, system biology, and laboratory teams
- You have 3+ years of industry experience as a Bioinformatics/Data Engineer (or equivalent role) building large-scale, highly resilient, applications
- Expertise in cloud computing, especially with AWS Compute, Database, Application Integration, and Containers services is a big plus.
- Expertise in Linux, shell, and SQL, as well as proficiency in programming languages such as R and Python
- Experience with Software Engineering practices and tools such as JIRA, git, CI/CD, code reviews, automated testing, logging, monitoring, alerting, etc.
- Familiarity with biology, statistics is a plus
- Have great verbal and written communication skills
- Be driven by, and have a bias toward, autonomy: you’ll be given a lot of context on the problems we’re trying to solve, but you’ll need to figure out how to solve them on your own.
Complete the form below to apply for the Data Engineer - Bioinformatics role: