Location: Liverpool, United Kingdom
Alldus are currently working with a market leading Logistics client who are looking to identify an IT applications Analyst to join their team.
Reporting to the Group Head of Applications this role will be responsible for the ongoing support, management and evolution of the critical business applications used in the clients Logistics business.
The successful candidate will ideally be from a consultancy background with a deep understanding of technology and business processes. They will have a proven track record of business process optimisation and application integration using a combination of technologies, preferably Microsoft Power Platform.
Ideally you should have experience of implementing business applications in a logistics business primarily within the warehousing and transport sector but with good knowledge of sales and distribution processes and systems.
A firm grasp of the application support lifecycle is essential. Working closely with colleagues in the wider IT team as well as application vendors you will be able to troubleshoot and resolve application errors efficiently, minimising the disruption to the business.
Strong Business Intelligence skills are essential in this role. A unique opportunity exists for the successful candidate to play a critical role in establishing the framework and governance structure that will shape the BI roll out across the business.
You will have a good understanding of systems integrations and writing both functional and technical specifications for development teams. You will need to know how to develop flow charts and swim lane diagrams and be an excellent communicator.
Whilst this is a role that will predominantly focused on the Logistics division you will be a member of the Group IT team and participate in Group wide initiatives.
You will develop relationships with key business stakeholders and develop a community of SME’s demonstrating the ‘art of the possible’ and setting the priorities within the business unit.
You will engage with software vendors for line of business systems to understand application capabilities, product evolution, industry trends, service levels and cost optimisation.
- Support UK Logistics business in identifying and implementing new and existing technologies
- Ensure the business is getting the level of IT support required from the rest of the group IT team
- Identify and implement business process optimisation opportunities leveraging existing applications or available technology
- Become an active member of the Divisional Business Systems Improvement Group with each division to understand challenges and prioritise solutions
- Vendor performance reviews
- Provide monthly reporting to IT Applications Manager and Managing Director
- To support wider IT team and divisions where applicable
You'll need to demonstrate the following:
- Personable and excellent verbal and written communicator
- Deep understanding of many business processes
- Implementation experience of variety of applications (ERP, P2P, WMS, O2C etc)
- Modern structured methodologies for implementations (Agile)
- Quality documentation swim lanes, flow charts, Kanban boards
- Business analysis and solutioning skills
- Project management skills
- Microsoft Power platform (Must Have)
- Power Automate
- Power BI
- Power Apps
- Sage Financials
- Microlistics Warehouse Management System
- TOPS transport management system
- LocateIT Warehouse Management System
Complete the form below to apply for the IT Applications Analyst role: