Location: New York, United States
Data Engineer in the HealthTech sector
A role for a Data Engineer with a HealthTech company in New York city, which a couple of years ago embarked on a journey to bring data to the forefront of its decision making and now boasts a wealth of experience and thought leadership in the field. A highly talented and experienced leadership team that has come together to utilize AI to have a positive impact on society.
The Data Engineer role is diverse and needs a versatile candidate who can work on a variety of different projects, taking stakeholder requirements and implementing data management strategies across the business. Seen as one of the most important functions within the organization, the ability to take these requirement and shape solutions that add value is critical.
Typical projects and workstreams include designing and implementing strategies for:
- Data acquisition/ingestion, Data cleansing, data transformation, data migrations
- Building data pipelines in a cloud environment
- Author artifacts defining standards and definitions for data storage, moving and processing data
- Identify trends in datasets and develop algorithms and workflows to create strategic uses for raw data
- Identification of tasks that can be automated through analysis of data
- Maintain integrity and security of systems
- Improve data integrity, efficiency and quality
Candidates for this role will have a thorough understanding of data, with both strong technical programming skills and a broader understanding of the role data plays in an organization, able to contribute towards the data strategy of the company. Data understanding comes ahead of specific technology skills as the right tech is used for the right project, but strong technical coding skills are a must. Tech stack includes: AWS, Redshift, S3, Java, python, pyspark. Candidate will have:
- Experience in a Big Data environment, with a strong understanding of structures, automation, security, messaging
- Considerable experience in data engineering
- Strong programming skills in Java, python etc
This is a unique opportunity whereby you have the opportunity to work in an highly technical, data-driven environment alongside top experts in the field, where social contribution pays a huge part in the goals of the company.
Please contact Colm on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or hit apply!
Complete the form below to apply for the Data Engineer role: