Location: Texas, United States
Alldus is seeking a full-time ServiceNow ITOM Developer to be an important part of our existing development team. The environment is in the cloud, and we are actively using modules within the ITSM, ITBM, ITOM & SecOps suites. This position can be 100% remote and has no anticipated end date. This role is part of a 200+ person team supporting CMS’s HIGLAS Hosting, Operations & Maintenance (HOM) program. The ServiceNow team consists of 9-12+ teammates. The customer has a strong appetite for innovation, automation and leveraging much of the ServiceNow platform. If you have strong technical skills and a natural desire to learn, then this position and team may be a good fit for you.
- Maintain, enhance, and expand existing horizontal CMDB discovery and related health dashboards and integrations.
- Maintain, enhance, and expand existing event management capabilities and related integrations.
- Maintain, enhance, and expand existing vertical service mapping and related impact assessment rules and dashboards.
- Identify, recommend, and pursue opportunities to increase automation directly and indirectly.
- Partner with program teams to anticipate service map impacts and remediate in advance of a break.
- Proactively maintain related operational documentation and SOPs to reduce support risk & inefficiency.
- Continually research new ITOM capabilities afforded by upcoming SN releases and make recommendations to implement them.
- Ensure overall systems availability via good design/best practices, thorough testing, promotion discipline and responsiveness in root cause analysis.
- Take lead on ITOM-centric INC, PRB, RITM tickets and HI Wave SN cases. (low volume historically)
- Ensure your work is retained and reconciled with ongoing environment cloning, patching and upgrades.
- Participate in a rotating on-call schedule for emergencies. Likely once every 4-6 weeks.
- Other duties as assigned…
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- 2+ years’ experience maintaining and troubleshooting ServiceNow CMDB and Discovery implementation(s).
- 2+ years’ experience maintaining and troubleshooting SN event management and related experience with CMDB binding.
- 2+ years’ experience maintaining and troubleshooting SN service mapping (new/custom patterns) and impact assessment rules on more recent versions of the platform.
- Familiarity configuring and using SN MID servers.
- Comfortable and competent interacting with technical SMEs and stakeholders to acquire information, validation, and feedback.
- Knowledge and/or experience with Linux, Windows, and SQL commands necessary to build out applicable patterns.
- Familiarity with web application development to help you know how to traverse those layers in service map patterns.
- Proactively resourceful to research answers/solutions on the internet when technical SME delays occur. Not content waiting on others.
- Strong diagnostic and troubleshooting skills to figure things out when not working as planned.
- Accountability to own and deliver the work assigned to you according to the timeline.
- Highly effective teamwork and collaboration skills in a matrixed organization
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Attention to detail; a high bar for quality results
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks in parallel with an awareness for evolving prioritization
- Strong written, listening, and verbal communication skills regardless of audience.
- Must physically reside in the US during the contract, and for at least 3 of 5 years immediately beforehand. This will enable the resource to acquire and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS) in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field or equivalent working experience in lieu of a degree.
- ServiceNow Certified Implementation Specialist: Discovery
- ServiceNow Certified Implementation Specialist: Service Mapping
- ServiceNow Certified Implementation Specialist: Event Management
- Capable with configuration, scripting (client/server), data model/tables, forms, record-producers, security/access (Glide), workflows, applications, events, email, homepages/reports, external data, Orchestration, NOW Platform and custom Applications, etc.
- ITIL v4 Foundations Certification.
- Experience working on project teams that leverage Agile/Scrum.
- Self-motivated to keep learning more about the ServiceNow platform, capabilities and best practices and apply/share them with teammates
Complete the form below to apply for the ServiceNow ITOM Developer role: