Location: Ireland, Ireland
The client are one of the most trusted partners for end-to-end, integrated engineering, quality services and management consulting for digital transformation. operating in 25 different companies worldwide
Directs and manages the full project-life cycle, setting standards for assignments and applications. Responsible for the delivery of the defined work packages to the client and providing effective management to teams and giving guidance to others and key business users. Provides management for the team in planning, designing, and developing frameworks and procedures relating to quality whilst meeting on-time and on-budget project goals.
- Develops strategies and directs teams. Allocates and co-ordinates test schedules, work and resource plans; managing progress of all activities against the plan, managing own deliverables and that of others to meet delivery deadlines.
- Ensures that project deliverables are completed within agreed cost, timescale and resource budgets, are signed off. Proactively aims to achieve personal and team utilisation targets.
- Uses project planning tools and participates in the identification of and planning for future resource needs.
- Responsible for overall test plan design and processes, applying, articulating and constructing business specific end to end scenarios, defining standards for development of test scripts, deployment and reuse.
- Specifies the test environment for whole life-cycle testing and ensuring it reflects business requirements for execution. Consults with key business stakeholders to ensure application design is optimised for testability.
- Creates quality assurance procedures and user instructions to ensure a reusable process and tools approach. Defines and implements quality process improvements and metrics focused on defect prevention.
- Advises on risk assessment and risk management strategies for projects or release level.
- Inputs into proof of concept exercises and assists sales with pre-sales collateral. Identifies opportunities to expand client assignments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field, or equivalent work experience
- ISTQB Advanced
- Programming skills
- Additional course or certification in Quality Assurance
- Project Management qualification
- Has achieved trusted advisor status at a senior level with the client.
- Excellent client facing skills, as an expert in their field has experience of influencing client decision making and direction, takes time to establish underlying needs of client beyond those initially expressed.
- Applies insight, originality and a broad perspective to generate revolutionary technical solutions.
- Experience of introducing new concepts or strategies that significantly improve or revise the way business is done through to implementation.
- Excellent communication and presentations skills, maintains confidentiality, shares ideas and information, facilitates discussions and transfers knowledge to diverse audiences to achieve collective objectives.
- Strong theoretical knowledge in quality assurance methodologies, applying standards and specialist quality assurance expertise to deliver whilst providing effective management to teams.
- Extensive application/technology and domain knowledge and has recognised expertise in QA Management including participating in the identification of and planning for future resource needs.
- Strong knowledge of new and emerging technologies based on own area of expertise.
- Experience in managing the change control procedure.
- Experience in providing technical management and being responsible for overall test plan design and processes and experience in quality assurance evaluation estimates on various projects.
- Experience in diagnosing problems using formal problem-solving tools and techniques from multiple angles and probing underlying issues to generate multiple potential solutions.
- Experience in advising clients and clearly communicating the benefits of implementing specific quality assurance solutions and identifying areas to add value.
Complete the form below to apply for the QA Manager role: