Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Our client are an exciting Biotech startup company in Cambridge, MA and they are hiring a Vice President of Data to join a diverse engineering team that was recently named in the Top 15 Engineering teams in Tech to lead the application of predictive design and gene editing to develop products.
About The Role
- This team is building cloud-native, machine learning-based systems that
- They are solving problems at the intersection of breeding, gene editing, and agronomy
- You will work closely with data scientists, bioinformaticians, quantitative geneticists, and crop scientists.
- You will help to drive the data strategy by developing and implementing solutions using advanced technology.
- Manage a team and help with scaling
- Develop and execute the organizational vision and strategy
- Drive this vision through the implementation of well-designed systems
- Lead the design and implementation of the cloud data platform
- Oversee enterprise information management and data governance/quality
- Make sure that the data security practices are being followed
- Provide guidance and education around system architecture, technology considerations, and roadmaps to the business
- Ensure successful delivery of strategy and implementation of data solutions
- Direct the design of data delivery, ETL, and warehousing services
- Work with other teams cross-functionally
- Manage the delivery of high-impact dashboards and data visualizations
- 10+ years of experience
- Experience working in Biotech or Pharma
- Agriculture and/or Agtech experience
- Degree in Computer Science, Math, or another technical field
- A background in data infrastructure and data engineering
- Strong experience with data warehousing, data infrastructure, and data architecture
- Hands-on experience building cloud data platforms
- Extensive experience with cloud environments and system languages
- Design and deployment experience of data management solutions
- Experience partnering with Computational Scientist
If this sounds like the role for you, apply today by filling in your application below.
Complete the form below to apply for the VP of Data role: