Location: Dublin, Ireland
A unique opportunity to work for one of the word’s most innovative biotech firms in the field of genomics, artificial intelligence, deep learning. Based in Dublin and at the centre of the company’s infrastructure growth, this person is responsible for all of the company’s data and the development of the core technology that interprets, predicts and analyses this data. As a company built on data, this is a key leadership role. Having won numerous awards for innovation and having received funding from high profile investors, the company is in fine financial health and is looking for a Head of Data Science with an energetic character ready to take the business forwards and create cutting-edge technology to support this growth.
Being both “role your sleeves up” hands-on and strategic, you will need to turn your hand to different tasks, whilst working closely with the owner and defining the tech strategy for the business. You will be responsible for the data infrastructure and must be passionate about technology, well-read and knowledgeable of up to date trends and able to define the strategy and tech stack required.
With a diverse and highly competent team, having credibility and the ability to engage, collaborate and influence is critical.
The key aspects to this role are:
- Be the strategic driver for the data science function
- Managing, building a scaling the data function for the business
- Researching and selecting the best technology solutions for sustained growth of the business
- Communicating technical ideas and representing the company externally at global events
- Implementing new ideas and strategies and ending ones that are not effective
- Maintaining a collaborative, positive environment that encourages different teams to work well together and communicate effectively
- Build scientific project plans for all new projects, creating milestones and interpreting data
What is required from you?
- A fundamental understanding of the sciences, ideally having worked in a life sciences organization
- Technical expertise with traditional products as well as new tech that is available in the market
- Experience in Bioinformatics is ideal, although somebody having led data functions in other life sciences fields with a passion for the industry and a strong understanding of science is also possible
- Having delivered full end-to-end development projects, managing multi-disciplined teams
A truly unique opportunity, joining a company that is scaling up, with investment, reputation and cutting-edge in its approach.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact James Baker on email@example.com
Complete the form below to apply for the Head of Data Science - Healthcare Innovation - Dublin role: