Location: New York, United States
Principal Data Scientist
New York City
*Cannot sponsor visas at this current time*
A leading global news organization
The Principal Data Scientist will be responsible for leveraging data analytics, visualization, and data science to help driving growth and improving retention for various facets of the business. You will build data science models, perform advanced analytics and data mining to help the business understand our consumer's behaviors, drive improvements to acquisition and retention marketing.
To achieve these objectives, this individual will mine data and apply machine learning techniques, using languages such as SQL, Python, and R. This role will work cross-functionally with the data team, product team, and closely with the Marketing team. Experience in recommendation systems is essential.
What you'll be doing:
- Applying supervised and unsupervised machine learning techniques, such as linear and logistic regression, decision trees, and k-means clustering.
- Develop analyses segmentation, propensity models, KPI deep dives, marketing efficiency, behavioral clustering, customer lifetime value, and customer journey analytics.
- Curate audiences and inform engagement tactics to enable differentiated, relevant marketing touches across CRM channels (email, in-app, push).
- Synthesize analytics and statistical approaches into easy-to-consume storylines, both visually and verbally, and provide indicated actions for executive audiences.
- Capture business requirements for data and analytic solutions and collaborate with the Marketing team to ensure business requirements align with business needs.
- Analyze content promotions and surface insights that will help drive viewership and a more loyal customer base.
Who you are:
- MSc or PhD in statistics, mathematics, economics, industrial engineering, or another quantitative discipline.
- 5+ years of experience building data science models (Regression, Decision Trees, K-Means, etc.).
- Experience with large data sets and analytical tools.
- Fluent in one or more scripting languages (SQL, Python, R, etc.).
- Knowledge of a dashboarding language (Tableau, Looker, etc.) or equivalent report building experience not required but a plus Other desired qualifications: - Strong curiosity, leadership, and business acumen.
- Passionate about using data to drive strategy and product recommendations.
- Experience in subscription-based businesses or eCommerce preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate, collaborate, and influence.
- Ability to adapt rapidly in a fast-moving environment with shifting priorities and the ability to react quickly, dynamically, and intelligently.
Send your CV to email@example.com to learn more
Complete the form below to apply for the Sr. Principal Data Scientist. Recommendation systems / Deep learning role: