Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Principal Data Engineer
Our client is a unique BioTechnology company spun-off from leading Lifescience players. As part of their ongoing Data strategy they are looking for a Principal Data Engineer / Architect who is looking to be both a hands on and strategic leader to help them built up their data management solutions.
- As an architect, you will canvas SMEs to understand problems, requirements, data flow & usage, and work processes.
- Create data management solutions and roadmaps from data Ingestion to storage.
- Be able to make critical decisions around allocation of resources.
- Build data models, databases, integrate analytical tools (JMP, RStudio, Jupyter Notebooks), create data microservices, and manage the related infrastructure.
- Design and build new ETL processes
- Communicate how data models, architecture and analytics impact the business.
- Long term you and the team you build will be responsible for the entire data modeling ecosystem including data lineages, master data and metadata management, common data structures & formatting, data quality, governance and standards.
- 5+ years of industry experience in software building data architectures and back end services / processes
- Expertise in at least 1 Programming language - Python, Java or Scala
- Experience in building relational, graph (e.g. Neo4J) databases
- Proven track record of building data architectures in a compliant environment.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, engineering or relevant field.
- Experience in leading teams of people
For more information please reach out to email@example.com
Complete the form below to apply for the Principal Data Engineer role: