Location: Dublin, Ireland
Senior Java Developer
Leading Financial Services provider, Grand Canal Dock
Want to work on exciting Big Data projects for one of Europe's leading Financial Services provider in Dublin City?
Our client are looking to hire a Senior Java Developer to join their IT team and work on a new AI Project which is creating a Data Lake backend for their Database service.
Coming into a dynamic, fast-paced and collaborative environment, this is an exciting opportunity to join expand your skillset into Big Data technologies and work on exciting data-oriented projects with a well-known Fintech leader.
This role is available on a 12-month daily-rate contract or permanent basis.
- As a Senior Developer, you will help create and build a data lake using Apache Ignite to generate insights for their greenfield trading platform.
- You will design and maintain existing backend enterprise applications using Java and Spring 5.
- Analyse requirements and help deploy their core suite of applications into production.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to other team members.
- Provide support and maintenance to existing applications.
- Have a key say in architecture and design as well as bring new ideas to the table.
- At least five years of experience as a Software Engineer working on enterprise-level projects.
- Proven background in Java 8, REST API’s, Spring 5 and SQL.
- Expertise in delivering an API project but not limited to adding a new feature to an application.
- Frontend experience in Angular is a bonus but not essential.
- Big Data experience would be highly desirable. Strong knowledge of Apache Ignite is a plus.
- Hugely beneficial if exp enhancing performance and knows how to troubleshoot problems
- Experience in Financial Services/Funds Management is highly desirable.
- Strong knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming.
- Experience working within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Experience managing Java application release cycles and disaster recovery planning is desirable but not essential.
**Please Note** Candidates must be EU citizens or hold a Stamp 4 visa to be eligible for this position.
How to Apply:
Apply now by uploading your CV below or send your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Complete the form below to apply for the Senior Java Developer role: