Location: Dublin, Ireland
5 mins walk from St. Stephens Green
Opportunity to become DevOps Engineer in the future and Infrastructure Architecture further on.
Reporting to the Head of Platform Operations
The position we require is that of an infrastructure Engineer with the opportunity to become DevOps Engineer down the line. You who will be reporting to the Head of Platform Operations and ultimately the Director of Engineering. The successful candidate will be key in infrastructure and operational decisions and work alongside multiple development teams, operations, product management.
We utilise the best practices and technologies across our implementation include:
- Continuous delivery
- Automation of infrastructure provisioning and configuration (e.g. virtual machines, operating systems, network and firewalls)
- Design, implement, maintain and test the entire software delivery pipeline
- Support the ongoing day to day delivery and operational aspects of software in all environments ranging from development through to production in conjunction with other teams.
- Configure the monitoring tools with the required monitoring endpoints, thresholds and alerts
- Follow up on deviations in monitoring data according to the incident and problem management processes
- Create and maintain documentation of infrastructure architecture and configuration
- Create and maintain operational documentation (e.g. how to perform manual changes)
- Create reports on service metrics (e.g. performance, availability, cost)
- Create dashboards with metrics for the team and stakeholders
- Linux sys admin experience
- Configuration-management tool (e.g. chef, ansible, puppet),
- Jenkins as a minimum
- You must be comfortable in terms of Linux sys admin work, application deployment and configuration to a cloud environment using automation either designed in house or using well-known third-party products and services.
- Experience setting up build pipelines for software modules, trouble-shooting this and the deployment process.
- Experience helping application development engineers get their software into formal test - product environments and supporting all aspects of this.
- The role will require a candidate to write code to help improve automation and deployment process of applications Experience of AWS would be a major advantage
Complete the form below to apply for the Infrastructure Engineer role: