Location: Berlin, Germany
Lead Data Engineer
Competitive Salary & Package
This position is with a small, specialist data-focused entity of a renowned German company with a Europe wide presence. Acting independently with freedom to innovate and create new data products and solutions, they aim to drive change for their customers through data using creativity and openness.
The company is led by technology enthusiasts, investing in the most up to date tech stacks. They have 2 streams of business;
1. Providing data solutions to an enviable portfolio of established clients
2. Working on their own in-house developed optimisation tool and deploying in client environments
Lead Data Engineers have the unique opportunity, if this is the path an engineer is interested in taking, to work directly with and advise Board level clients at some of the top German and International organisations.
This is not a role that requires considerable travel and the role can develop around the individual’s strengths and desires.
• Designing, developing and maintaining scalable data infrastructure
• Integrating against external API, databases and reporting platform
• Optimizing performance of algorithms
• Spread the spirit of data development through data ownership
• High quality coding – Python and R are prevalent
• Shape the technical infrastructure, testing, and monitoring
• Implement production level data analytics scripts
Experience in (min. 3/5 years each):
• An agile environment
• Monitoring and automated testing of software
• Python or R
• MongoDB or Elasticsearch
• Connecting with external RESTful APIs
• Understanding of statistical modelling (regression analysis and probability theory)
What makes this company special?
• They focus on people and individual circumstances. Roles and careers can be managed around personal needs.
• They support individuality and promote a casual, adaptable environment
• Work on the latest tools and technologies in projects you’ll be proud of
Complete the form below to apply for the Lead Data Engineer role: