Location: Berlin, Germany
A multinational Biotechnology company in Berlin are looking to hire a Database Engineer to handle all tasks such as scheduling backups, finding new solutions to any new problems, configuring databases, scaling, clustering etc. Your work will have an impact on many people who suffer from some of the most improbable diseases.
- Participating in the development of Big Data products and the company's systems using AWS services and relational database management systems
- Data Analysis support where needed
- Oversee the schedules for carrying out database maintenance, backup, clustering, scaling etc.
- Always ensure a high level of database/software development
- Develop and implement automated ETL operations and then maintain them
- Degree in computer science or a similar field with 3+ years of practical work experience
- 3+ years of experience with ETL tools
- Experience in code development, implementation and cloud services
- SQL/NoSQL databases experience (MySQL, SQL Server, MongoDB) and Big data technologies (Hadoop, HDFS, Spark, Hbase, Hive, Sqoop)
- Sound knowledge in Java, Scala and/or Python and other data warehouse architecture techniques such as EDW, ODS, DM, ROLAP and MOLAP
Complete the form below to apply for the Database Engineer role: