Location: Waltham, Massachusetts, United States
We are looking for a scientific software engineer to produce scalable software solutions for Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) data analysis. You’ll be responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment. This position reports to the Director of Scientific Computing and will be working in a team of enthusiastic bioinformatics scientists and software engineers. You will have the ability to work remotely and on site a few days per week.
- Design, propose, architect, and develop Next-Generation Sequencing analysis pipelines.
- Build pipelines on cloud space.
- Package and distribute analysis pipelines to customers.
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications.
- Write effective APIs.
- Create security and data protection settings.
- Write technical documentation.
- Work with data scientists and analysts to improve software.
- Assist with sequencing analysis algorithm development.
Requirements, Qualifications, & Skills
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, or a related field. Master’s degree required; Ph.D. preferred.
- 3+ years of industrial experience.
- C#, .NET 4.5 or higher (desktop application development preferred, web development a plus)
- WinForms, WCF, WPF, VSTO • Experience with user driven custom application development
- Experience with Docker and cloud deployment technologies.
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g. Apache), and UI/UX design.
- Experience with parallel computing.
- Experience developing bioinformatics pipelines, including expertise with next-generation sequencing analysis tools such as BWA, GATK, Samtools, etc.
- Experience with software development best practices including versioning, continuous integration, issue tracking, and code sharing.
- Domain knowledge in genomics, genetics, and molecular biology.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
Complete the form below to apply for the Scientific Software Engineer role: