Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States
Our client is seeking an experienced Data Scientist to join their team in Chicago, USA.
Contribute to a Safer, More Secure, and More Sustainable World. Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with one common purpose – to make the world a safer, more secure, and more sustainable place to live. We clear the way for our customers to introduce the latest products, technological advances, and systems in an increasingly complex world so they can provide peace of mind to the market. Our integrity is woven throughout our company and shapes the way we approach and deliver our solutions. We are proud that the work we do every day has a meaningful contribution to society. We continue to build upon our legacy of trusted expertise and partnership to keep our communities safe and secure as we march forward into the future. This helps us to sleep better at night, and we are confident that the millions of people we touch rest easier too.
A big data platform combining data ingest, data enrichment, analytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence. The team is now looking to add a data scientist to accelerate the growth of the most innovative UL digital technology investment in its history. Their goal is to enable the client base to effectively leverage recent developments in the digital revolution, by giving them the ability to truly leverage their own corpus of data combined with 3rd party data sources, their core data sources and deep Voice of Science competences, to win in a rapidly evolving digital eco-system.
Our client’s ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about working with data and driven to deliver creative and compelling solutions which turn data into actionable information for our customers. We are seeking someone who is self-directed yet collaborative as you will be working closely with infrastructure, engineering and architecture teams. As a key resource on our team you must possess strong interpersonal skills, maintain a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail and have excellent oral and written communication skills. A solid foundation in data science best practices and techniques is a pre-requisite.
As a data scientist, you'll need to do:
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Analyze large, complex datasets to extract insights and decide on the appropriate technique
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Extending customer’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Use data modelling and evaluation strategy to find patterns and predict unseen instances
- Master’s/PhD degree or equivalent work experience in Data Analytics, Data Science, Computer Science or other related field
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages: R, Python, SLQ, etc.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Detailed knowledge of machine learning evaluation metrics and best practice
- Strong Python coding skills and problem-solving, good analytical & communication skills
- Solid grasp of A/B testing knowledge and extensive experience with hypothesis testing.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, influencing, collaboration and listening skills
- Experience of working in an Agile environment for applied research
- Experience of business case analysis (problem identification, quantitative modeling and problem solving)
- Experience with Azure Machine Learning Studio
- Experience with Azure Cognitive Services
- Experience to data visualization tools and techniques (matplotlib, ggplot or Tableau)
Complete the form below to apply for the Data Scientist role: