Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
The Senior Software Development Engineer will:
- Administration and troubleshooting of on-prem virtualization (VMWare) and cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Salesforce)
- Development and maintenance of scripts (Python, Bash, Ansible) necessary to support APIs and data warehousing
- Developing software solutions to meet Institute missions across genomic research, medicine, education and economic development
- Creating and implementing the source code for new applications.
- Testing and debugging source code.
- Evaluating existing applications and performing updates and modifications.
- Configuration and maintenance of data governance platforms including Apache Atlas.
- Daily review of Windows and Linux system log files and backup reports.
- Installation, administration, and troubleshooting of physical and virtual Linux and Windows systems
- Cyber security remediation (patching and tuning) of Linux and Windows systems
- Maintenance and creation of system monitoring and logging integrations (Prometheus, ELK)
- Administration of backup schedules and execution of restores
- Domain administration including access management (i.e. Active Directory, Okta) of user and system accounts
- Creation and maintenance of system and procedural documentation
Profile we are seeking:
- Bachelor’s? degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent professional experience,
- 5 years’ experience in the software engineering field,
- Proven experience in designing and implementing Service-Oriented Architectures, Microservices, and APIs,
- Experience with distributed Data Warehouses ,
- Expert knowledge in Java (Spring, Hibernate) and/or Python,
- Knowledge of Big data platforms (Spark...), stream processing and functional programming,
- Excellent knowledge of modern scalable database technologies and SQL,
- Demonstrated ability to work on large datasets and scaling problems, performance tuning,
- Excellent knowledge of software engineering best practices (Agile, Continuous Value Delivery, CI/CD, DevOps, NoOps, PaaS, IaaS, LEAN software, Service Oriented Architecture, Cloud architecture),
- Excellent knowledge of cloud architecture, IoT, microservices, SaaS,
- Good knowledge of GraphQL,
- Interest in Graph-oriented technologies, semantic technologies,
- Experience in digital healthcare or genomics is a plus,
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills,
- Excellent level of English.
- A competitive compensation package
- A flexible and friendly working environment with a collaborative atmosphere
- Fantastic office locations in Switzerland, France, and USA
- An exciting company mission that brings together science and technology to directly impact the lives of patients with life threatening illness.
- A fast-growing company with plenty of opportunity for personal growth and development
- A hard technical challenge to solve with exciting modern technology - cloud computing, Big Data, DevOps, machine learning
Start: ASAP (or as agreed)
Complete the form below to apply for the Senior Software Development Engineer (Senior Data Services Engineer) role: