Location: Dublin, Ireland
Director of Engineering
Greenfield site, Dublin 2
Want to work with a fast-growing tech company in Dublin City Centre who are developing a brand new product to help clients in the Life Sciences industry positively impact their user experience?
My client are looking for a hands-on Director of Software Engineering to build and grow a top-class team of engineers and lead the technical architecture of their greenfield product built on the Salesforce platform.
Coming into a fun, fast-paced and collaborative environment, this is an exciting opportunity to expand your leadership skills with a forward-thinking organization and help lead the direction of their game-changing platform that will positively impact the lives of clients globally.
- As the Director of Engineering, you will lead and grow the development team from scratch providing mentoring and coaching to ensure best practices.
- Responsible for interviewing and hiring new engineers to join the team.
- Maintain high-quality coding standards, by participating design and code reviews.
- Translate technical and business requirements into high-quality, scalable architecture solutions by working closely with customers, stakeholders and third-party vendors.
- Be handson to architect and build applications together with integrating other core systems across the Salesforce platform.
- Create high-quality Proof of Concepts, analyse risk and present solid solutions to enable technical decisions.
- Optimise applications for high speed and scalability while focusing on important security requirements for enterprise application development.
- Stay up to date with latest trends and find new ways to introduce new technologies into the business.
- Masters or Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- At least eight years of experience working within Full Stack development with a minimum of three years of experience working as a Team Lead or Engineering Manager.
- Strong knowledge of the Salesforce Lightning platform.
- Strong background in hiring and mentoring engineering teams.
- Experience working with data models, structures, algorithms, system design and software design.
- Architect enterprise applications taking into account ability to add /change functionality/ scalability, security and quality.
- Ability to create a component-based architecture focusing on what is needed to deliver cloud-based applications with a focus on continuous delivery.
- Strong knowledge of microservices architecture.
- Database technologies such as OracleDB, MySQL, MongoDB, as well as skills with messaging systems and orchestration such as Kubernetes and Docker.
- Experience with REST APIs and integrating with 3rd party API’s.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
How to Apply:
Interested? Apply now by filling in your details below or email your CV directly to Liam McNamara at email@example.com
Complete the form below to apply for the Director of Engineering role: