Location: New York, United States
My client is a Tech Scale-Up company with just over 100 employees and Series B funding. Data is at the core of what they do and they are looking to hire a Data Engineer who would like to join their high performing team. The company values using open source tools , flexible working and a distributed workforce to help them solve complex problems in the financial world. The team is still at an early stage, meaning you’ll have the opportunity to influence our foundation and attack problems from first principles.
The Data Engineering team is responsible for the ingestion, transformation, and productionization of dozens (and growing!) disparate datasets.
- Extract and process raw data at scale (including writing scripts, calling APIs, writing SQL/Spark, etc.)
- Process unstructured data into a form suitable for analysis using Scala
- Work closely with product owners and data analysts to gather and understand requirements
- Interface with Data Platform engineers and give valuable feedback that guides tooling
- Participate in code reviews and design discussions, give and receive constructive feedback
- Create, extend and own data pipelines that power the company’s products
- Ensure high Data Quality and pipeline stability
- Experience processing large amounts of structured and semi-structured data
- Programming experience in Scala or a functional programming language
- Minimum of 3+ years writing and maintaining ETL at a terabyte level scale
- 3+ years experience working with Hadoop / Spark applications
- Experience with version control systems (Git)
- Experience automating Data Quality checks
- Proven experience writing ETL and building Data Pipelines.
- Experience with AWS / GCP
An awesome work life balance and flexible working options is a big part of this company ( Full remote available ) while also offering $150-160k Salary and bonus.
Due to constraints, the person must be eligible to work in the US without Visa restrictions.
If you are interested in learning more please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Complete the form below to apply for the Data Engineer role: