Location: Dublin, Ireland
Principal Data Engineer
My client is a Tech Scale-Up company with just over 100 employees and Series B funding. Data is at the core of what they do and they are looking to hire a Principal Data Engineer who would like to join their high performing team. The company values using open source tools , flexible working and a distributed workforce to help them solve complex problems in the financial world. The team is still at an early stage, meaning you’ll have the opportunity to influence our foundation and attack problems from first principles.
The Data Engineering team is responsible for the ingestion, transformation, and productionization of dozens (and growing!) disparate datasets.
- As a technical leader, lead the data engineering teams best practices to drive better quality data pipelines for your Data Set division
- Mentoring more Junior DEs
- Working 6 months ahead on project plans and strategy for architectures and functions for Extracting and processing raw data at scale
- Work closely with team managers/ leads to gather and understand requirements
- Interface with other technical engineers and give valuable feedback that guides future tooling
- Participate in code reviews and design discussions, give and receive constructive feedback
- Lead the Creation, extensions and ownership of data pipelines that power the company’s products
- Programming experience in Python, SQL and Bash
- Minimum of 7+ years experience processing large amounts of structured and semi-structured data, writing and maintaining ETL at a terabyte level scale and working with Hadoop / Spark applications
- Experience automating Data Quality checks
- Experience leading a technical team within Data Engineering
- Experience with AWS / GCP / Redshift /Snowflake etc
My client offers an awesome work life balance , flexible distributed working environment and an above market salary.
If you are interested in learning more please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Complete the form below to apply for the Principal Data Engineer role: