Location: Dublin, Ireland
Senior Data Scientist
Tech Scale Up
My client is a Tech Scale-Up company with just over 100 employees and Series B funding. Data is at the core of what they do and they are looking to hire a Senior Data Scientist who would like to join their small but mighty team. The company values using open source tools , flexible working and a distributed workforce to help them solve complex problems in the data world. The team is still at an early stage, meaning you’ll have the opportunity to influence key data science decisions and attack problems from first principles , seeing the impact of your solutions.
- Working first-hand with alternative data sources to solve complex problems around classification and discovery in a complex data environment ( Time series , Text data , Healthcare data )
- Working with others to propose machine learning solutions to solve business problems that you encounter, starting with decomposing the problem and carrying out literature reviews
- Training and improving models for classification, clustering and anomaly detection
- Working collaboratively with engineers on the team to bring models to production.
- PhD or MSc in machine learning, NLP, data mining, statistics, or similar quantitative field
- 3-5 years practical experience, with exposure to delivering production-grade systems
- Strong theoretical knowledge of state-of-the-art machine learning methods in at least one domain (e.g. Bayesian Inference, Classification , NLP, anomaly detection, time series, information retrieval)
- Experience in designing, implementing, and evaluating machine learning experiments
- Skills with Software engineering and data mining using tools like Spark
- Experience with Statistics and ML libraries, ideally with deep learning frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras)
*My client offers an awesome work culture with work life balance and flexible working solutions along with a salary that can be considered above market.
Please note: Remote working is available for people living in Germany , UK and Ireland ( possible extension to France )
Complete the form below to apply for the Senior Data Scientist role: