Location: Leopardstown, Dublin, Ireland
My client is an E-Commerce company on a unique journey of change and are looking for a Data Architect with experience working with Change data capture architecture to build, optimize and maintain conceptual and logical database models
For this role, you should know how to analyse system requirements and implement migration methods for existing data.
Main duties & Responsibilities
• Review and understand business requirements to guide the creation of a comprehensive, coherent, and effective overall data architecture
• Responsible for designing and implementing detailed data warehouse models and data mappings.
• Perform performance optimization and tuning on new and/or existing data warehouse implementations.
• Maintain and develop various database scripts and tools to facilitate the automation process.
• Partner with business groups to gather, refine and document requirements for reporting projects (Including
Data Warehouse, ETL and Reporting Platform changes).
• Be involved in the development lifecycle of all reporting projects (ETL, Database and Analytics)
• Implement continuous review and improvement of recurring SQL processes, ensuring maximum
throughput, efficiency and data quality, liaising with the DBA, and other relevant parties as needed.
• Provide strategic and tactical guidance with respect to data warehousing best practices and quality documentation and controls.
• Provide overall guidance to stakeholders with regards to creative data profiling and integration recommendations.
• Demonstrated experience of writing and optimising SQL queries within MS SQL Server, design and
implementation of a multi-dimensional Data Warehouse.
• Practical experience with Change Capture Architecture methodologies and tools (e.g. Kafka)
• Practical understanding of multidimensional modelling, Data Warehousing concepts and methodologies,
star/snow flake schemas, and how BI tools interact with the underlying data structure and Metadata.
Education & Experience
• A minimum of Batchelors in a Computer Science related degree or equivalent qualification (preferable)
• 3 + years working with a large scale Enterprise MS SQL Server implementation.
• An excellent knowledge of Data Warehousing design, development and management processes.
• Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, effective knowledge-sharing skills and
decision making abilities.
• Experience with Kafka required
Experience in ETL processes , Hadoop and Tableau
Complete the form below to apply for the Data Architect role: