Location: New York, United States
Summary: Data Engineer E-Commerce NYC
Why work here – AI driven industry leader in E-Commerce! The Mission, The Culture, The Technology.
The Mission: Revolutionizing E-Commerce through Data Science. A start up who dominate this space!
The Culture: Exciting start up experiencing a wave of growth. Inspirational leadership and supportive team who make challenging work fun! Recently named one of the best companies to work for in NYC!
The Tech: Exposure to fast passed, high impact projects, utilizing Advanced AI in Large volume, real time data sets within Cloud.
An E-Commerce platform which powers the retail experience of some of world's largest brands. On this platform the data science team are creating the foundational infrastructure for a new collection of data and AI driven products to enable frictionless commerce
The Data Engineer will work within a specialized data unit comprised of Data Scientists and Data Engineers working side by side on product innovation. This high performing data team is responsible for designing and building the components of the core product system and ensuring their integrity and performance.
Day to Day
- Design data platform components to backstop new products.
- Build resilient and scalable solutions for both batch and real-time services.
- Evaluate and test the tradeoffs between competing technologies and architectures.
- Model and structure data storage according to product requirements.
- Monitor and optimize performance of our platform.
- Automate deployment of new infrastructure.
- 2+ years relative experience
- Experience writing production level Python on a daily basis (R additionally a plus)
- hands-on experience with Google Cloud Platform or AWS
- You are skilled at writing and optimizing SQL (core application DBs use MySQL Google BigQuery)
- Experience with Apache Airflow
- Built/administered distributed systems at scale (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra etc.)
- You understand at least one Python-based web framework (Django, Flask etc)
- You preferably have some DevOps experience (especially with Chef and Kubernetes)
Complete the form below to apply for the Data Engineer role: